I've been meaning to blog about this for some time now. So now, it's time. I went on a mystery date, no Kristina not with David Hasselhoff so don't go gettin yer undies in a bunch. This date was with the husband. He planned a date and was being all mysterious about where we would be going.
He told me we needed to leave extra early, which for me is rough cause I don't do mornings, but in lieu of the mystery date and my curiosity, I was agreeable. I had a million questions regarding what I should wear. Did I need jeans, capris, long sleeves, short sleeves, sandals, tennis shoes? I didn't get the answers I was looking for, only when I mentioned a bathing suit did his ears perk up and he said, "That would be nice!" Reading the sparkle in his eyes I knew a bathing suit was not in the plan. I dressed in layers and brought an extra change of clothes and pair of shoes just in case.
We drove for little over an hour until we reached location one. On the other side of the mountains from where we live there's this little town that hosts a yearly flea market. Hundreds of booths were set up and people come from all around to shop. I was so excited to see where we were. I've always heard of this place and the famous flea market but never stopped in.
These people were some serious shoppers but you can't really blame them, there was some neat stuff at that flea market.
The husband found something neat and even shared his Kettle Corn. I'd be jealous but she's too tall for him. Besides, I'm kinda digging her red boots!
We kept looking at all the neat stuff. Gas mask anyone? It's the deal of the century half off the original price!
In the event you are into collecting bears and axes, they had plenty.
Got a bugs? No problem they have the answers and it's not pesticides.
The husband saw this and said, "Hey it's my sign." I assured him it was for the motor.
For a hundred bucks you could take home an 'antique' bike. Mere chump change. (cough)
By the time we looked at every booth and walked up and down the street and all around, my feet were killing me. I decided to change into a different pair of shoes.
The mystery date was not over. The husband had more in store for me so he said if I was done with the flea market and ready to move on he would take me to location two.
The mystery date continues.........

16 comments:
Well, I guess if you can't have David Hasselhoff, this is pretty good!
i'm on the edge of my seat!
you two are so cute. i hope we'll be just like you when we "grow up" (and by that i mean, when we have the kids out doing their own things and we actually get to like, really go out on dates).
... I wanna know... I love flea markets. I should give you husband a call and let him give a few tip to my husband. I love the man, but when it come to creativity, I have to come up with all of it. You are lucky.
Wow.
He sure knows how to show a girl a good time.
I think.
I think I want those wooden boots. They're sorta hot!
Ahem - pardon me while I point my husband to this post :) That sounds like so much fun!!! Can't wait to read part two!
What fun! Can't wait to hear Part II. Also, I do feel old now, because I remember I had the board game "Mystery Date" when I was a young girl. I loved it because I would dream about all the mystery dates (even the dorky ones!
Ooh, I do love a great flea market! This one looks like sheer heaven! Can't wait to read more about your Mystery Date. :)
I love shopping with my husband!! So much fun. And how cute for him to make it all a surprise!
How fun! What a great husband you've got there!
WHat?!? Kinda jealous. That your husband would actually plan a date that involves shopping! How awesome! Can't wait to read part 2!
Sounds like a great start. Looking forward to reading more. Very sweet of your hub's btw. ;O)
Such a fun start to the day :) Your hubby has earned himself Brownie points already... and there's more to come?
How fun! This flea market looks like my kind of heaven, look at all that random stuff in those pictures, lol!
I can't wait to read part two!! Your husband seems like a lot of fun. I laughed out loud at the part where he shares his kettle corn with the mannequin. I Aldo really liked "neat stuff". Ha!
Sounds like fun. I'm your newest follower.
What a sweet hubby ... I think you've got a keeper. ;0)
Post a Comment