Monday, June 27, 2011

Little Red Riding Truck

                                                               
This cute shiny truck is starting something new, something it's never done before...work. Yep a whole new life is in store for Little Red Riding Truck.

When the husband was looking for an economical vehicle to do the running around in, you know because gas is ridiculous and all, he found this cute little thing sitting in a car lot. The price was perfect, the condition was immaculate and for a used truck you couldn't ask for lower miles.

So what's the catch, I mean every car has it's story and so.. the husband asked.

The story goes, a 95 year old man bought the truck from a car dealership, it was a trade in from someone else. He had it only a couple of months when he was told he was dying. Since he was going  into a nursing home he decided to have his truck sold on consignment from the very dealership he bought it from.

The dealership obliged the frail old man. A few more months went by and as it turned out, the man never died. He returned to the car lot and told his friends he wasn't dying after all and if they would, perhaps they could use his truck as a trade in for a smaller car.

Once again the dealership honored his wishes. The truck stayed where it was at and he drove off in a new car.

Yes, there is a 95 year old man out driving somewhere so be warned. Lucky for the husband he went home with a used truck in perfect condition.

It's days of sitting in a garage or car lot are over. This Little Red Riding Truck has begun a new life. It's a parts runner, farm hand, and hauler.

And sometimes, it even takes us to Grandmother's  house.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, 95 and driving. How funny when he showed up at the dealer alive! That was a big turn around, not just I am not dead, but give me the keys to my car.

Connie said...

That's a great story. I am still looking for the mint condition Corvette sitting in someone's barn that hasn't been driven for 30 years with 5,000 miles on it. Let me know if your hear of any, OK?

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

What a great story. I'm glad the old fella is still alive and kick'n.. but driving.. oh my.

Leontien said...

Found Ya!!!

haha great story!
Leontien

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness, What state do you live in so That I can stay clear of it for a couple years? cute little truck, I love trucks, in any size shape or form. So congrats on such a great find.

Amy said...

cute truck! That's a cool story. Bret's grandpa had a similar one. His truck is a 95, I don't remember the miles, but because Grandpa didn't drive it much (and a few years before he passed away, the keys were taken away from him) it is in fantastic condition. Bret loves that truck.

I love the name! Little Red Riding Truck. So cute. Have fun!!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Great story! My husband wants red truck!

Leanne said...

Awe, I like that story, sweets! And the "Little Red Riding Truck" . . . how cute is that? Lovely little truck (I think I would really cool behind that wheel . . . I want a truck now. A red one. Yes. Yes I do.)

tammy said...

Cute story. Funny about him finding out he's not dying after all. You'd think everyone at age 95 would be pretty much close to dying.

Emmy said...

I totally read and sounded like one of those stories you would get in an email at first :). How lucky for you guys- and yes it is kind of scary that a 95 year old is driving around.

Jenny Lynn said...

I love the stories behind the car. Great way to get a good truck.

wendy said...

That is a cute little story. THIS truck has a soul. How cool is that.
Can it run over BIg Bad WOlves.

Cheeseboy said...

I like it! Way nicer than my car. And the 95 year old man is probably a better driver than my wife. (Oops, I didn't mean to say that.)

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

hahaha, i'm glad I dont live in your city with a 95yr old man driving :)

Rachel said...

Totally cute! Love the story and the truck!

Tracey said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I always enjoy hearing from you. :)
Oh, and I love little red riding truck. :)

What I Did Today said...

Hahaha! That's funny. 95 year old driver? Really?! That's impressive. Nice truck.

Lindsey said...

My dad has a little Ford Ranger too and he loves it! Ya the yoga teacher was definitely a little crazy, and I'd consider myself a pretty hard core exerciser but that was just too much. Where in Idaho is Emerson and his wife living? We don't have really any young couples in our ward so it would be awesome if they lived in Boise!

Lifeofkaylen said...

Such a sweet story! Noone can turn down a 90+ yr old male or female!!

Julia said...

Congratulation on your Little Red Truck. Cute story. JB