Two weeks off was GREAT let me tell you and I am so not ready to go back to work. Don't get me wrong, I love the preschoolers but it's not about them, it's about me, ME do you hear what I'm saying? Me people!
The sleeping in, the staying up late, the no schedule thing, the doing whatever I want, the hanging out with family.
Ah, especially the family. Now I have to say goodbye to the boy who is returning to college, missing the husband who has to go back to work. and not seeing the other son due to his work schedule.
Sound like I'm whining? I am. It's my blog and I can whine if I want to.
So in honor of our last day together, we went skiing. Even my Father in Law joined us. He's retired but I won't hold that against him.
Yep, the last hurrah. Couldn't think of a better thing to do than to make my body ache just before I tackle a room full of preschoolers. I'm betting I won't be able to walk, I'll probably come crawling into the school.
18 comments:
Well no doubt about it, ya'll sure know how to have a bang up last Hurrah!!! Woohoo!!! It sure looks like ya'll had a blast and a half.
I'm so sorry, I thought I'd popped in and thanked ya for your sweet visit over at my place and hoppin' on my blog but I can't find it anyplace. Heck, I probably misplaced it too! Heeehehehe!
Anyway....thank you and I do so appreciate you hoppin' on. Dang, I've been so busy with the fam celebratin' Christmas this weekend I don't know which ends up.
God bless ya sweetie and have a glorious New Year! :o)
But, it looks like it will be totally worth it! Glad you had a great holiday.
Well if you have to crawl into work look at it this way, at least you don't have to bend down as much to interact with the pre-schoolers.
I hope this year brings you lots of good things (and that your sore muscles recover quickly).
My husband went skiing, yesterday, for the first time in over 20 years. I've never been. I know! I don't like paying money to be cold and break my head.
That's a great way to say farewell to vacation. Happy New Year and happy preschooling to you!
I admire people who Whine Freely...really, I do. We all need to whine every now and then. Get it out.
Looks like it was a beautiful day. hopefully, after your last hurrah, you came home and had a hot bubble bath...so you ready.
for reality and stuff.
Yes, you can whine if you want to! And I bet the preschoolers would love it if their teacher crawled around all day. :D
So jealous! We have absolutely NO SNOW! It's a crazy world! A great last hurrah for your family ;-D
Gorgeous! Where did you ski?
I hope that you are able to get back to your normal schedule ..... how unfun that all is without all the sleepin' in and stuff!
I found your blog through Amy. And I am so glad I did. You are a ball of fun and your blog posts make me chuckle.
What a great way to end your vacation! Kinda jealous. Obviously I can't do snow sports in my present conditioin... Hope your first day back went well. Happy New Year!
Yay! If I use my Mac, I can actually comment on your blog! Finally. ugh.
Such a cute post! I've never been skiing before. Living in a snowless place does that to a person.
So glad you enjoyed your lovely holiday with your lovely family!
Whine away! I am missing the sleeping in and not having a schedule too. I really did not want to drive my son and his friend to seminary at 6:30 this morning!
All that white stuff though? I'm allergic.
Yeah, I hate sending everyone back to school.
I have only been skiing once. It was not so bad other than the "cold" part. I know...I live in Utah even. But we don't have much snow here this year.
Sandy
What a fun time you must have had with your family! It's great that you were able to enjoy your time off and squeeze all you could out of it. There will be another break soon!
Our last hurrah before my husband went back to work was a day at the beach :). But yea, I have mixed feelings about it ending.
I sure feel your whine -- seems to be a virus around here. But glad you got some fun in. I hated to see my son go back to BYU.
Post a Comment