I knew her and her husband raise and train race horses but what I didn't know was their place is close to where we keep ours.
I was excited to tell her our horses were practically neighbors.
As I was explaining where our little farm is, she seemed familiar with where I was talking about and piped up and said, "Oh where the baby Clydesdale is."
I'm thinking the girl is thoroughly confused because there aren't any Clydesdale horses in our area. Again I preceded to explain, in great detail, where our horses are kept.
She knew exactly where I was talking about and said, "Yes the pasture with the baby Clydesdale."
I replied, " No, my horse is black and the husband's is chestnut in color with white legs and a black mane."
I didn't let on I was slightly offended do to the fact she obviously has no idea what fine Tennessee Walking horses look like. How can you even compare a Tennessee Walker with a Clydesdale? Sheesh.
Her observation was so off and actually funny I couldn't wait to tell the husband his horse was mistaken for a baby Clydesdale. I even got a little pleasure out of teasing him with this new found information.
It wasn't until later my curiosity got the better of me. I decided to consult my very wise and oh so knowledgeable friend..... Google.
Google never disappoints. Below is a picture of a young Clydesdale.
![]() | |||
and here is a picture of the husbands horse:
They bear a remarkable resemblance don't you think? With that being said, I suppose my colleague's observation wasn't so off after all.

16 comments:
She did get a little creative with her comparison. Your horse is a beauty~
I am amazed that you played along with her observation. I probably would have been pulling weird faces during the conversation and she would have known something was up. I give away too much. Even I know the difference between a Clydesdale and a regular horse. Clydesdale's are more beefy. Your hubby's horse is more elegant.
btw - your hubby's horse is so beautiful.
Minus the bell-bottoms, I guess the horse does look like a clydesdale.
sometimes you just have to nod and smile. Don't you love those awkward moments?
Love how you found the photo -- I guess those Clydesdales have similar color markings, but yes, a good laugh with your hubby. Aren't they supposed to be good for heavy weight pulling? Haha, very funny.
Obviously she knows more about race horses than other breeds of horses. You were a good sport to just let it go. Last laugh is on her, (but don't tell her that).
Ha! I think the coloring is similar, but I could probably spot the difference.
The lack of big "feet" should perhaps have given it away -- but I like that you looked up a picture to compare your horse to!
Wow the colors really are similar. But yea the feet are way smaller. And yea, I know hardly anything about horses :)
Talk about mistaken identity indeed. The feet, the feet.... they don't compare.... lol
JB
Uh - it's fine not to know differences between many breeds of equine but a CLYDESDALE is pretty unique with their furry feet. In St. Louis they breed them so we go visit the youngsters in their paddocks on occasion. Beautiful animals and when full grown are HUUUGE!! Interesting post! W.C.C.
I don't know...when it comes to Cydesdales, I always look at their legs for the difference. Regardless, I think all horses are just absolutely gorgeous creatures!
LOL too funny! I love that both of you were insistent about what you were certain of, and both of you were talking about the same horse.
Love it!
Hey there, just stopping by to say Hi. Have a great weekend.
They do look quite a bit alike, except one of them is weary very furry, white boots and the other isn't.
That should have been "wearing" not "weary." Sheesh.
Both horses are beautiful! You are so lucky to have them. I wish we had horses, but I'm thinking not in this lifetime.
Sandy
Post a Comment