The number one game playing app is Candy Crush and I just recently heard of it. We were attending a mini family reunion at my brothers house when this game came up in conversation.
'Candy Crush? What is it? I've never heard of this before. All eyes were on me. How could I not have heard of Candy Crush?'
Uh, because I'm not an app junkie.
It didn't take much convincing and the app was downloaded on my phone. I can see why it's so popular as I was hooked in no time crushing candy and cruising through the levels. See, this clever little game draws you in and once your addicted, the levels become more challenging and the invitation to buy more lives become more tempting.
At first I was good at resisting the temptation to purchase more lives but the longer I was stuck on a level, the more frustrated I became, so yes I caved.
This became the pattern. Over and over again and I found myself more times than not adding more lives to my game as the levels increased.
In just 2 1/2 months I landed the 97th level and have no idea what it costs me to get there.
97 is one of the top 10 ten hardest levels to beat. You need to get 100,000 points in 25 moves as well as defusing time bombs before they explode. If they explode game over regardless if you still have moves. Unless of course you want to buy some more time for a mere price of .99 cents.
Now I don't mind if I run out of lives and the choice is mine to purchase more to finish the level, but don't go ending the game before I get the chance to use my remaining allotted moves.
It seemed unfair and greedy.
So I did the only thing I knew to do.
I crushed the game completely and deleted the app making that my sweetest move yet.

8 comments:
Good for you Siami for deleting that time wasting app off your phone.
I never heard of the game I must add...
When I first went on Facebook, it was more because I was computer challenged and I was learning to navigate when I got this invitation to farm and grow vegetables and in no time I was hooked as I had to get up in the night to protect my vegetables from thieves, lol. I was buying fertilizer to grow my crops and etc... etc... what a to-do with these addictive games. Once I realized how addictive those silly games were I closed off that app and finally got off Facebook all together... and now Google + creeped up in my world... they are sneaky and you're in without even wanting it.
Have a safe fun week Siami. Your posts are always fun to read.
Hugs,
JB
Good for you! I've never played Candy Crush, but I've heard it's super addictive. I just know that if I tried it, I'd be hooked!
Bravo! I don't dare start playing it as I know I will be addicted, but good for you!
Good for you, those can be such a time waster, (as I play game after game of cribbage on my Kindle Fire). I know someday I will have to account for my time wasted on that game...
Glad you got to kick your addiction! Seems so many people are obsessed with this game :-)
Belated Happy New Year Saimi!
I got that game a while back and as soon as I got to a level where I was stuck and it was wanting me to network with my friends to get more lives, etc I deleted it. I want to just be able to play again without all that extra stuff.
Um, yeah I've had to quit a game... Farmville. These games can really hook you, but I've vowed to never spend actual money on them. So far so good. Honestly though I do consider how much time I waste on them when I should be doing something constructive or creative, especially while watching TV in the evening. Most of the time when the television is on, we're also playing on our phones or kindle. Oh my.
I'm addicted to SongPop...but it's for a good cause. I play while walking on my treadmill and I can't get off the treadmill 'til I've completed all my challenges. Sometimes I'm on there more than an hour!
Post a Comment