Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Around the world in 12 months

I'm so excited to get started! We made it a goal to dine at various restaurants around the globe once a month. My pallet is watering just thinking about the savory taste of something Italian. Those guys have it dialed in when it comes to rich creamy Alfredo sauce smothering a heaping bowl of pasta not to mention a crisp side salad sprinkled with a little oil and vinegar. Of course dinner isn't complete until you finish it off with their famous Gelato. 

But then theres everything Asian, I mean how can a girl make up her mind when there is so many to choose from. Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian even Indian, oh the choices.

Let's not forget Mexico - how I love authentic Mexican food, if its' not to spicy, I do have my limits.

We could always stick to the good ol' U.S. of A and travel to New York, or perhaps Texas for some finger licking ribs even Main, I hear they have the best seafood around. Did I mention Greece? There's something to be said about Greek food and If you ask me, it's all good. That would mean leaving the United States again but hey, while we're at it there's a place' down under' to consider.

I'm glad it's not up to me to make the first decision as I would have no idea where to begin.  It's actually our neighbors who will start us off gallivanting around the world.

 Dining with our neighbors is not a new thing. We've been eating out with them alphabetically for the past two years. Each month we would take turns choosing a restaurant, starting with the letter A and continuing on until we've exhausted the alphabet ending with Z.

Wanting to come up with a new idea to keep our dinner engagements from fizzling out we had a planning meeting, over supper of course at a quaint Irish pub, and came up with "Around the world in 12 months"

It will be a dining experience I'm sure, to see how many countries we can eat at in our humble little town over the next year. If there happens to be more than 12, we'll continue to travel until we've hit them all.

Bon appétit! 


3 comments:

Connie said...

I love your sense of adventure, that is a pretty creative way to keep your eating out interesting.

" Hit It......." said...

What a fun idea. It's cool that you make time to rotate friends. We kind of get stuck in a rut. Bye my sweet friend.

Emmy said...

That is a genius idea! We are always trying to think of some place new to go. What a great idea!