Monday, November 3, 2014

Head vs Heart

My head tells me it's a good move.
He'll be a police officer, something he's wanted his entire life.


My heart doesn't want them to go.


My head knows she'll be happier being close to her family,


My heart wishes it was us.

My head knows they are only half of a days drive away


But right now my heart hasn't caught up with my head
They just left today.

6 comments:

Julia said...

I know the feeling of seeing our love one moving to another city far away... It's amazing how fast the boys grew. With Skype, you can keep in touch and talk and see them often. James, my little grandson loves to Skype me once in a while or when he has something important to tell me. lol.

We have snow on the ground and the trees still have not all lost their leaves. Winter came early this year.

Hugs,
JB

Stephanie Faris said...

:-( So sorry! You'll see them lots, I'm sure, but it's heartbreaking.

Nat said...

Ahhh..... so sad for you :-( But it sounds like it is going to be a great opportunity for them, and you can still see them very often....

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I hope your heart is feeling a little better. Those little guys are so dang cute.
It is hard to have them farther away. A half day away is a little do-able. Hopefully often.

Connie said...

Oh goodness, that is so hard especially since you have had them so close to you. Both of my daughters moved away within a month of each other last summer; one to Boise and the other Spokane. One is six hours away and the other 8 hours, doable in one day but that sometimes seems too far.

Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas.

Sherie Christensen said...

Hi Saimi. I miss seeing your comments on my blog, but I haven't been good at keeping up with yours and commenting! I am sorry your grandbabies who aren't babies anymore moved away. All of my girls live away from home now and I miss them! And grand children are precious. Lots of road trips ahead -- right?