I'm beginning to wonder if photo's alone are enough. My blog has always been a way of journaling for me, placing the burden upon myself to keep up with the happening's of our family by writing it down. Then eventually, making a hard copy via a book form for my most loyal of fans; my mom and mother in law.
For the last three years our traditional Thanksgiving family togetherness has been altered. In the past we would always gather at the husbands mom's house for the big feast, then have a fun craft to assemble while our stomach try to digest the intake of our food consumption.
After the boys were born, just days following Thanksgiving, the Grandma in me has changed our traditional Thanksgiving and started a new tradition. I drop everyone like a hot potato and head to see the boys for their birthday.
With our youngest now married and with his own set of in laws to accommodate, we compromised and formulated a plan. They come spend the first half of Thanksgiving break with us by arriving four days before Thanksgiving. Then on Thanksgiving day we gather together and feast in the morning with a huge breakfast, which isn't compete without my mother in laws specialty, sourdough waffles .
Once we stuffed ourselves like a turkey, our son and his bride head to her families home for another feast and the husband and I spend the next 10 hours driving, over the river and through the woods, to see our grandsons.
This is how our week unfolded:
Before we left town and while both our sons were around, we went to the movies
on Monday
| Our middle son and his people |
| our youngest and his lovely bride |
Gathered for a family dinner on Tuesday at a yummy Hibachi Grill
Went bowling on Wednesday
Thursday we had a feast of a breakfast then parted ways to see our oldest son and his family
There was a lot to accomplish in just two and a half days
Besides playing we watched a lighted parade and celebrated a
couple of birthday boys.
It was an action packed week and I can say,
my cup runneth over.
How grateful I am for family.








6 comments:
I don't have your email address so I am replying here to your comment on my latest blog post. What mission is your nephew in in Chile? Travis is in Chile Concepcion South.
Sorry. That Unknown person is me. :)
Yes! Your nephew is in the mission just north of my son's.
I so agree!! My blog is my journal too, and I love documenting my life and everyday events on it. It doesn't matter to me if anyone looks at it or comments on it, because it is my journal.
You have a beautiful family! That's what it is all about, and you look like you and your husband do a wonderful job at juggling your life to enjoy every minute!
It looks like a busy busy week. Your boys are so handsome. Being grandma is the best!
Nicely documented life! I admire the family depicted on the photos - much to be grateful to your phone to capture the precious moments!
Post a Comment