Calling all riders, the Back Country Horsemen are looking for poker players to help fund their cause. Can't refuse an opportunity for a good ride but poker?
I don't belong to the riding club and I don't know how to play poker but what the heck, a ride in the mountains with my black beauty and a couple of friends sounds like great fun. We threw darts at a board of cards to start off our hand.
Throughout the ride we came across stations that had cards glued in a wooden box. We threw washers from our horses into the box for our next card.
Each station had helpers who kept track of your hand while you threw the washer.
There were so many riders, 400 to be exact.
My friend and her nephew came with me.
The scenery in the mountains was amazing. Actually these pictures
don't really do it justice but it was truly a beautiful ride.
Our mounts Peanut, Jaycee and Bitsy
The ride took us 2.5 hours covering 8.5 miles of mountain climbing. To say the least I had a very tired horse when it was all said and done.
She received a bath and her dinner while we waited to see what prize my friend was going to get.
This nice riding vest was a perfect prize for her full house. As for me and her nephew,
let's just say we won't be going to Vegas anytime soon.










7 comments:
Hello!
Thanks for visiting my little space!
I love meeting new friends.
Have a cozy day. : )
What a great event! Just the ride and the scenery would be wonderful .I am envious. I haven't ridden for a long time. Thanks for sharing.
What a gorgeous horse! Thank you for sharing your day with us!
It sounds like a fun day. Well, maybe a challenging day, too, especially for your horse. She is beautiful. Which mountains were you riding through?
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)
What an interesting event! I think my sister used to participate in something similar in California - they called it a Poker Run and they were all driving 4WD vehicles to raise money. As long as you had fun it was worth it, right?
This looks like such fun. I haven't gone horse back riding in many years. And to be surrounded in nature is a special thing, indeed.
~Sheri
Wow! You ride! Do you have any idea, how amazing that is, to me??? :-)
I'm such a wimp, that I have never been on a horse. But I love them, from a-far.
One of our daughter's-in-law rides. I did go with her, to the stable and got kind-of "up close and personal" with a couple of horses. But that is it, for me!!! ,-)
Hooray for you! Lovely that you have quality time, with such beautiful animals!
Gentle hugs,
Tessa
Post a Comment