Monday, April 10, 2017

The Cats Meow


Bathe the dog: Check
Wash his bedding: Check
Pack his bag: Check

Our Miniature Schnauzer was ready to spend the week with his grandma. After dropping him off I came home and finished preparing for our departure. The husband and I were packing for San Diego where we would meet up with the rest of our family for our annual spring break togetherness.


Instead of having the neighbor come and feed our cat, I placed an automatic feeder in the garage along with her bed and plenty of water. We left the garage door cracked so she could have access to the outside. 

She obviously had her own agenda about us leaving.
After an amazing week at the beach with our family the husband and I flew home. Well, not quite. We still had a two hour drive ahead of us and it was already late.

To say the least, by the time we pulled into the driveway we were more than ready to go to bed.

Our cat Rosie was excited to see us, mainly to chew us out for leaving her. 

Meow, meow, meow, how dare you lock me out of the the house. Meow, meow, meow.

Meow, meow, meow, I can't believe you left me. 

Did you hear me? Meow, meow, meow!

We gave her some loves and encouraged her to come to bed.

Meow, meow, meow.....Meow, meow, meow.

Come on Rosie, lets go to bed.

She finally settled down and curled up at the foot of our bed then began purring.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep she started up again.

Meow, meow, meow. 

I get it girl, we left but we're home now, just go to sleep.

The next morning she wouldn't stop complaining. She seriously was upset and we were going to hear about it.

Later in the day we went to collect our Oskar. He was happy to see us but a bit reluctant to leave. He kinda enjoyed having his grandma wrapped around his paw.

When we came home Oskar greeted Rosie. They do this little nose sniff. It's not like they are buddy, buddy and hang out or anything but I did notice as soon as Oskar was back, Rosie quit complaining.

She may have been mad that we left, but she was angrier that Oskar was gone. 

Apparently there is more to their relationship than I realized because once we were all together, she was a happy girl.



4 comments:

Julia said...

What a great story. It goes to show that we still have a lot to learn from animal behavior. I'm glad all is back to normal in your home since Oskar's return.
All this time this "meow, meow, meow" was asking you "Have you forgotten about Oskar?"lol.

Have a Blessed Holy Week.
Hugs, Julia

Billie Jo said...

I love this!
How amazing is it she was trying to let you know she thought you forgot about her buddy??
Glad you had great trip, and glad you are Home Sweet Home. : )

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh how funny. They sure have their ways about what they want. She wanted to go visit grandma also. LOL

So glad that you had a wonderful trip to So California.

Happy Easter

Mary

This N That said...

They miss each other for sure..After I put Max (my cat) down, Mollie was obviously in mourning...I got another cat..mostly for me!!