Although we are two years apart, it feels like she's my twin. We like the same things, laugh, talk, think and relate exactly the same.
Our week started by picking her up at the SeaTac Airport and before driving home we rode the Duck. A tourist vehicle that takes you to the hots spots of Seattle.
There's a tour guide, or some could call him a comedian, on board who gives you the historical low down on the different sights.
After an hour driving around Seattle, the 'Duck' turns into a boat and we get about 30 minutes on Lake Union where we
get to see Seattle from a different view. I highly recommend this if you're ever passing through this area of the Pacific Northwest.
Once we arrived home, the next day we gathered the trailer and horses and took her camping. She was a little worried we only had two horses for the three of us. I assured her, the husband would be just fine.
While we rode the horses he rode his bike.
It was a win, win for everyone. I don't know who was happier to ride, us girls or the husband. After four days of camping or as my sister calls it, glamping, she really liked the trailer and referred it to glamorous camping,
we came back to town. The husband went to work and I introduced her to the gym. I figured it was good for her to know what I do with my people.
Shopping and a chair massage seemed to do the trick.
Feeling re-energized, we hit the river.
We rode inner tubes eight miles down stream enjoying three hours of sun and water.
Then it was time to head back to Seattle where we spent the day at the market and enjoyed the sights around Seattle Center.
Since this was our last day together, as she was flying out the next morning, we saved the grand finale of activities for the evening and spent it singing along with Neil Diamond.
It was his 50th anniversary tour and the husband gave me two tickets to see him as an anniversary gift, which was back in February. He never intended to go rather he arranged for my sister to go with me instead.
If going to the concert alone wasn't enough, the husband made it possible for us to be up close and personal with seats in the second row, center stage.
Just steps away we literally could have thrown ourselves on him.
Trust me, I was tempted.
How I love that man and Neil Diamond for that matter.
We stayed the night in Seattle and I took my sister to the airport in the morning.
I miss her already but as always, cherish the time we spend together.
































8 comments:
What an amazing time that you had with your sister, I'm sure she's already looking forward to being with you again next year. Your husband is a treasure.
The glass museum is fantastic.
Hugs, Julia
Wow you are so lucky - for everything - especially to have a sister that close. And my goodness you did everything under the sun in Seattle - I guess that is where you live. Looked like fun. SO glad she got to visit.
And yes the little sheet - the color catcher - which starts out white - looks dirty when it comes out. It has worked for me and they are cheap!
sandie
Oh my goodness! Such a fun adventure for you two. Your husband is a rockstar letting you have this time together. You are both so beautiful and it looks like you should be twins.
Love all the pictures. Now I want to go to Seattle!
What a fun time you had..I'd like to join your sistacation..My sister is 18 months younger than I am and we are very different..Happy that you and your sister can have such fun together..We have fun together but it can be a bit tense at times..Neil Diamond is one of my all time favorites...
Oh my goodness, what a fun post!! Sisters are the best! I have a sister I feel exactly the same way about - we are 16 months apart, and people always ask us if we are twins. I'm so lucky to have her close to me - 15 minutes away, and I love it.
You guys had way too much fun! Camping, tubing, working out, shopping and just enjoying each other...did I mention shopping?!
Wonderful pictures, and you guys could almost pass for twins!! So glad you got to have some sister love!
Hugs,
Barb
Sounds like you and your sister had a wonderful time.
Enjoy your week.
Mary
Thank you for visiting/commenting on the Irish Garden House!
Sounds and looks like great fun with your sister.
Live with Neil Diamond . . . I would love to see/hear him live!
One of my dear chums lives in Seattle . . .
I look forward to visiting you again!
Wow! You have had quite the summer, haven't you? The photos are lovely----smiles all around.
Post a Comment