Tuesday, November 21, 2017

What happened to November?......Let's find out

Wow! Not only does time fly, but the days seem to disappear as fast as they arrive.

We started the month by attending Garth Brooks World Tour concert in which he performed five concerts in three days.
We were at his Saturday afternoon performance. He is simply amazing and gave us a show that was so incredible and energetic. 
A week later we attended a wedding for the daughter of a good friend of mine. It was a very formal wedding with 250 guest in attendance. A number that may seem a bit over the top but it was their way of honoring and showing their appreciation to each guest for being an important person in their lives.

Four days later the husband and I were off to California to attend my nephews wedding in San Diego. We made plans to meet up with our youngest son and his wife in Anaheim to spend a few days in Disney before the nuptials.

Disney was just as magical as ever especially being decorated for Christmas.
 The lights from the small world ride were pretty spectacular.


It's not only the happiest place on earth, but the cleanest as well. It amazes me how immaculate the entire resort is. 



Disney land did not disappoint. It has proven once again you are never too old to have fun, or get wet for that matter. A big shout out to our daughter in law who thought to bring poncho's.
After three days of the California Adventure park and the Disney Resort, the four of us headed to San Diego where we gathered with my parents and my sisters family for my nephews wedding.

The outdoor venue was amazing and with the San Diego weather, you can't go wrong.
I've never seen a bride wear a black wedding dress, but she rocked it. It was a black tie wedding and everyone looked smashing.
After the ceremony, we went inside for the reception and I was wowed by the decorations.

We had such a great time dining and dancing but most of all, being with family.

Here I am with the husband, parents, sister and brother in-law.
Ok don't judge, I wore the same dress to both weddings.


My sister's family.
Our Disney playmates, er...son George and daughter in law Megan
With my nieces entire family pretty much being involved in the wedding,
I was the lucky recipient of two week old baby Grey and got to hold him during the ceremony.
Cheers to my nephew Jason and his lovely bride Samantha.
So we left for California on a Wednesday, flew home on Sunday, worked Monday and Tuesday leaving but a day or so to get ready for Thanksgiving.

After Thanksgiving it'll be time to decorate for Christmas, which pretty much wraps up November.

I truly have so much to be Thankful for.



5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi!

You have been missed! What a fun way to spend, November! Weddings and Disney Land, what could be better?! You two look like you could be the bride and groom, such a lovely couple. You have a beautiful family, Saimi! I agree that you were the lucky one to hold the baby, so sweet, I hope you snuggled in that sweet little spot right under the ear... :0)

Good to have you back! Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Barb said...

Hi~

Ok, I just watched, Garth Brooks...you are so lucky to have gone to his concert!!! I ha e always liked him...even through the 90's...;0) ill bet that was a fun night!! Just had to tell you!

HAPPY THANKSGOVING!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

This N That said...

Wow..you've racked up lots of frequent flier miles..busy month..So many weddings..Must be your age!!! What fun.Happy Thanks giving to you and "the husband"...Enjoy the day!! hugs

Anonymous said...

What fun photos! You guys have been on the go. I wish you a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Chatty Crone said...

All I can say is WOW! You live a very charmed life! My friend saw Garth too here in Atlanta. Disney's and weddings. And I love the bride in the black dress! I have never ever seen anything so beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!