Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bringing in the New Year!

Happy New Year!!! 

We started celebrating five days before the new year. We as in me and the boys.
The party began the minute I stepped off the plane and continued every day after. We played in the snow till we froze.
Then warmed up with a cup of apple cider made by the expert himself, the Keurig King.
We had spiderman pajama parties.
Went and saw the movie Ferdinand. Oh my goodness what a cute movie.
Mom came along while we left dad home sleeping since he was working nights.

Once he was up and about the boys were ready to patrol with him. They covered the house and made plenty of arrest while he was out keeping the streets safe.
There was never a wasted moment because you know, bringing in the new year is serious business.
A lot of horsing around was going on and while mom was busy keeping herself busy, we were busy building a fort.
Bedtime got kinda rowdy but they fell asleep eventually.

It sure was a fun filled five days and my grandma cup has been filled. With that being said, I'm still going to miss this lil' family.



8 comments:

Billie Jo said...

What an amazing time!!!
Such amazing memories you are making with those cuties.
Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Hi Saimi!

Wow, you must be the funnest grandma this side of the Mississippi!! Those cute boys are so lucky; you are making memories that thy will always remember... :0)

That fort looks like a good one, I've never thought about using a fitted sheet...ummmm, something new at my house next time there is fort building!

I hope you have a wonderful and happy new year...you are loved as well, sweet friend.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Julia said...

Oh my Saimi, you're the best grandma ever, I'm sure the boys will agree.
Happy New Year.
Hugs, Julia

Chatty Crone said...

Saimi - how do you pronounce your name and where did it come from? I am not sure how to say it.
You sure looked like you got some great and wonderful grandma time. Love, sandie

This N That said...

You look to young to be a grandma..Glad you had all that time to spend with the boys and family..making memories !!I'm sure they will miss their grandma.. Happy New Year!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such a fun time!!! I wish I would have known you were closer I would have tried to say a personal hi! Looks like you had a great time. Those boys are so cute and I love how great of little friends they are. I am personally looking forward to seeing some twin antics of my own as a granny!
Your son is working for the county I reside since we left Rexburg.
Hopefully I can NOT speed and stay out of the clink!

jack69 said...

Sweet, loved the post. ;-)
I'm with Chatty. Is it 'Sammy?' Or Siim. Being real southern I am not much for pronouncing, Chatty is from Atlanta, but she is a transplanted yankee, but sweet as syrup!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your family is beautiful. Looks like great memories from the New Year's celebrations. The boys are adorable, love the furbabies too. Wishing you and yours all the best in 2018, Happy New Year!