Let's go! Chop, chop I would say, followed by some hand clapping.
Hey boys you really need to get up and get moving, chop, chop (clap, clap)
I've been a chopper my whole mom life, 32 years to be exact. Our boys grew up with me hustling them along with a couple of claps and a chop, chop.
At preschool I'm in teacher mode. Lots of patience, understanding and a soft voice but the other day my mommy tone came out when one of our little girls was lolly gagging after coming out of the bathroom.
All the other kids had washed their hands, lined up and walked back in to the classroom with the other teachers while I stayed back with the little missy.
Completely independent and a little on the sassy side she was distracting herself with the elementary students walking down the hall while lathering up her arms with soap and talking non stop.
I couldn't take it anymore and the mommy voice came out. Saying her name, I clapped my hands and said, chop, chop!
Unfazed, she turned and asked, 'Is that a song?'
I replied, no it's a action meaning to hurry up.
Then proceeded to remind her all the other kids are in the room playing so she needed to get a move on.
She just smiled as she clapped her hands and said, chop, chop.
That's right clapping right along with her, chop, chop lets go.
A few weeks later one of the other teachers took her to the restroom and when she came out to wash her hands she looked at the teacher and said, say chop, chop.
The teacher didn't quite understand what she was asking so the little girl said it louder and clapped her hands repeating, say chop chop!
The teacher just laughed and clapped her hands at her and told her to, chop, chop.
I'm sure this action will come in handy with her five older sisters.
I can just see her in their bathroom telling them to chop, chop followed by some hand clapping.

4 comments:
Hahaha, you never know what the kids will learn from their teacher. I think that little girl will go far in the world because she a good learner. Now I better chop, chop and get some work done.
Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Julia
HaHa..Looks like you started something..Cute story!! Have a good weekend..
Hi Saimi!
I love it! Sometimes with little's, you just have to go into, "mommy mode". You might just have started a fad!!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
Adorable!!!!
Thanks for the smile.
Have a cozy weekend!
Post a Comment