It's a given, all little girls who love horses have secretly hoped for one on Christmas day.
Well it happened to our new little neighbor girls whose family moved into our area 6 months ago. They are a young family with four girls between the ages of 8 and 2.
As we've been getting acquainted I found out how much they love horses.
I'm like BINGO! Girls who love horses are right up my ally, well any kid who likes horses are right up my ally. The key is not being allergic to them.
You see It's not uncommon for me, while tending to my friends kids, to take the children to see our horses as a fun activity.
The repercussion is watching their eyes become puffy, itchy and watery not to mention the constant sneezing.
Who knew?
Then I report to their parents, Oh we had a great day! By the way your kids are allergic to horses.
Since then, I have to be extra careful and ask if anyone has allergies to horses when they express an interest in coming to our farm.
This time I struck the jackpot. Three little girls who love horses and aren't allergic.
In a conversation with their mom I offered for their family to come to our farm and see the horses. This is when I learned the girls were getting one as a Christmas surprise.
You woulda thought it was for me. I jumped for joy in pure excitement while all my childhood feelings came to surface.
A pony for Christmas!! Best surprise ever!!!
Well this little pony is full of surprises. She's a young 3 year old with a good start but has a sassy personality. The girls mom has some horse knowledge but their new little addition has some ideas of her own.
I offered my unprofessional help as I know nothing about training a young filly but then again, how hard can she be? I'm bigger than her right?
The girls named her Penny and simply love brushing her and putting bows in her mane.
Penny loves the attention.
After many days of us working on calm and quiet, we finally felt she was ready for the the girls to sit on her while we walked her around the arena.
I lead the pony and their mom walked along side as security in case Miss Penny tried one of her tricks.
As it turned out it was a huge success. Penny was relaxed and walked without incident.
Around and around the arena we went and after a few rounds the girls confidence grew to the point of asking their mom not to be so close.
We were so proud of Penny and the girls.
The pony may have been their Christmas present but the real gift has been their love for Penny and in return, Penny's trust in them.




9 comments:
Awe, this is such a beautiful story. I'm glad for the girls. You are such a good neighbour and they are lucky to have you as a friend.
Hugs, Julia
they got the perfect gift and shared their gift with you. it is so good they are next to you and you to help them through their first pony. penny is beautiful, hope all of you continue to have fun with Penny
Loved this post! What a sweet story!
Hi Saimi~
I love that story! We are a little horsey at our house as well, and I think it's a perfect gift for kids. Thank goodness they have you to help them...I think you are pretty close to being an expert!! Penny is an adorable name for a horse!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
I've never owned a horse and only ridden one a couple of times (MANY years ago)! We have a niece though that is soooo horse-crazy! She has several. She even rode in to her wedding on a horse and both bride and groom galloped away after the nuptials. Truly one of the prettiest and sweetest weddings I've ever attended. I know these little girls are going to bring many smiles to your face:)
What a AMAZING Christmas present! Penny is GORGEOUS! I can see why you'd be so excited and happy for the girls and I'm so glad Penny is doing so good with her training! They'll be riding her alone in no time I bet! What a pretty little pony,I just love her!
Howdy there my new friend. How was your New Years? How do y'all celebrate? the picture of the dog wasn't our Gypsy, it was the dog pictured in the magazine. Our Gypsy got her jet black color and her big size from her Black Lab Daddy, otherwise, she looked identical to her Border Collie Mom! It made for a wonderful set of genes and an incredibly wise and intelligent dog who hardly EVER LEFT MY SIDE all her life. And once she discovered swimming in the salty ocean water...oh my goodness, that Black Lab came out in her, she sure loved it!
What a wonderful vacation! It looks beautiful from the pics!
How fun for you to be involved with Penny and the 3 girls getting started together. I did dream of getting a pony for Christmas. I did not get one but rode horses for years at a riding stable. Love horses.
Post a Comment