For the record, that's a record.
Me and working out has never worked out until I started going to a small, quaint gym called Volution Fitness.
All I need is someone to tell me what to do, show me how it's done and encourage me along the way.
The owner Jim, is a Physical Therapist by trade but decided to change his path and opened a gym. He provided the exact kind of instruction I require to be successful at something I don't like doing.
He was great. A few ladies that I know also started going and Jim was our guy. He provided a group class full of positive and encouraging comments while pushing us to do our best.
When he began getting more clients who wanted personal training he needed to find a trainer for our class. This is when we met Zack Gonzales.
Zack is an amazing stick of dynamite. He's energetic, positive, patient, happy and always has a smile on his face. He couldn't have been a more perfect replacement.
He actually confessed to me once his job requirement was to keep us ladies happy. Some days I don't know how he does it as we have a tendency to complain and whine at times.
Volution Fitness has continued to grow. They went from a little space into a much larger one but as the clients kept coming in more trainers were hired and eventually a second gym was built.
Zack has continued as our trainer and our little group of ladies has not only grown in size but in a variety of ages as well.
There are gals in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and even his 70 year old aunt Rosie attends.
Our schedule has also changed, Zack now specializes in Cross Fit with classes throughout the day. Our class meets every morning from 8-9.
There are times I think Zack forgets how old some of us ladies are but it makes no difference to him, he will adapt the workout to our ability so we can all do the same thing.
![]() |
| those are weighted vest because everyone needs an extra 20 pounds to their workout |
After one of our classes, which was focused more for the cardio, Zack noticed I was breathing extra hard and asked how I was doing.
Bent over with my hands on my knees gasping, I looked up at him and said, All I know is, you take my breath away.








4 comments:
congratulations to all of you for sticking with it. I have been going to the YMCA for 13 years, no classes because I don't like classes, the first 10 years I walked on treadmill, ellipticals and did a few of the weight machines, the last 3 due to arthritis and AGE I do the pool 5 days a week and walk in the neighborhood. I read and article this past week that said in activity is worse for us than alcohol or smoking.
my hubby is 82 and has been swimming 1000 meters or more per day, five days a week for 20 years.
Saimi, that looks like you are getting quite a workout. I love that romantic line' "You take my breath away", lol. Good for you for keeping fit. Since I retired, I haven't kept up with my workout. I hope to resume working out this spring in the yard and garden. I know for sure, I put on a few extra pounds this winter but I was too skinny to start with. I was burnt out but I'm now feeling more alive and more relaxed.
To tell you the truth, I'm not fond of exercising either. I need motivation and encouragement. I'm so glad you are getting all the special attention with your training. I'm 72 and everything is going downhill fast at my age. I could use some one on one training to get back into shape. Soon, the gardening season will give me a workout.
Enjoy March. Hugs, Julia
Hahahaha, love this! I'm glad you found a great place that encourages you to do something hard. Congratulations on 6 years of working out!
Post a Comment