Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Weekend


The wedding bells rang, in form of invitations, and the family gathered in Draper Utah to attend my nephews marriage.

 My brother and his wife have six children, five of them are married with children of their own and this wedding, completes the last of them.
With his entire family in attendance 

Plus all five of my parents children 
As well as some of our own, we had quite the group.
We kicked off the weekend with the wedding Friday morning, luncheon in the afternoon and the reception in the evening.

Following the festivities, Saturday began with a bridal shower for my sisters daughter in law who is expecting their first child. 
All the girls left their husbands in care of the children
 so  we could eat, play games
and watch Samatha open her gifts.
 Afterwards, we gathered in the park where we played kickball. It was a full on family affair, no one was exempt. 




We later had a surprise 60th birthday party for our eldest brother Sam.

Now, as a kid, he has always wanted to be Tarzan. Not a cape crusader leaping tall buildings in a single bound like most young boys.

Not our Sam, he was all about Tarzan swinging through the trees, hanging with the apes and bellowing the Tarzan call.

As close as he came to living his dream was building his own plane as an adult and finding his freedom in the sky amongst the clouds. Can't rightly say if he wears a loin cloth while doing so, but I do know he enjoys flying his plane.

With this in mind, my siblings and I orchestrated a party for him calling it TarSam.

Our son and his family couldn't attend, but he did manage to make these shirts and hat for him, which were designed by our youngest brother.



My sister gave him the appropriate party costume. Once he put it on, he immediately got into character and gave us a hearty Tarzan call.

Later that evening, most of us met at our hotel where a few competitive rounds of Code Names were played.
While others watched the basketball game,
The smart ones of the group knew when to quit and packed it in early.
Our flight left on Sunday so there was no church service for us but the time spent with family was a pretty good trade off.



4 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, that quite a lot of celebration. I love the Tar san cake for your brother. He must have been impressed with the shirts and cap also.
Hugs, Julia

BeachGypsy said...

Looks like ALOT OF wonderful family time and lots of fun had! The wedding looks so pretty, love the blue color in the ties! Adorable couple!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

you have a truly amazing family. you don't even need others at the wedding, you have enough to fill the church. I enjoyed all the photos, my favorite is the last one of the sleeping children. the thing is. my nick name is Sam because I wanted to be a boy and I wanted to be Tarzan, I started reading Tarzan books at age 10 and probably read Tarzan and the city of gold, 30 times or more. I wanted to be Tarzan NOT Jane... love the cake and shirts

Terra said...

Your family sure has a lot of fun together and I love the TarSam theme, the shirts and hats turned out great.