Monday, July 22, 2019

The trail trimmer

Bike riding is important to the husband, as he says, and I quote, "Any day that starts with a bike ride is a good day.'

It affects him mentally when he misses too many bike riding days. It kinda puts him in a slump so he tries to ride on a regular basis.

With this being said, he also likes to do his part in keeping the trails rideable. We've been doing our annual Fathers Day hike where he likes to hike in with his clippers and hedge trimmers to groom the trails.

Well I'm here to report he has found another way to access some of the more difficult trails, which works for me as well.

We decided to give the horses a try. They can make better time than hiking in on foot and since horseback riding is more my thing, it's a win, win for the husband.

The only thing we weren't sure of is how his horse Bailey would handle carrying the weed whacker. He's can be a freaky boy sometimes so this venture could have gone really bad but to our surprise, he handled it like a champ.

The husband mounted his horse and I handed him the weed whacker. Bailey was a little jittery at first but settled in and carried it proudly like he had some important job to do.


We rode in to the trails where he wanted to trim then dismounted and the husband went to work. 


The horses were happy to pitch in and help as well.

 
I took the opportunity to do a few selfies with the horses when they weren't munching. It was nice of them to humor me.

It took us two days to complete what he wanted to trim so the horses got in a couple of good rides. The weather cooperated as well and lucky for us we didn't encounter any rattle snakes.


I just  gotta say, I've got myself a couple of hard working guys!

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

How lucky to be able to ride. I am THRILLED there were no rattlesnakes either!

Terra said...

How great you two have horses, and your hubby gets to clear the trail and then bike ride. My hubby rode his mountain bike every day for decades, he loved it. He wrote articles and took photos for all the bike magazines, years ago. Oh ha ha, maybe you mean motorcycles!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I LOVE THE SELFIES... makes me smile and feel joy when I look at your smile and there oh so beautiful faces.. the whole post made me feel good... PHUN for you and a great way to get in there and weed wack… my brother would love your hubby. he loves to hack and whack and trim and has always since he was 2 years old love to dig holes in the ground. beautiful country for riding and glad no snakes were found

Billie Jo said...

Look at you in those selfies!
So pretty!!!!!!
Have a cozy summer day, my friend.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is so awesome; what you'd call a 'two-fer'. The horses are just gorgeous!!

BeachGypsy said...

I LOVE THIS POST!! Love the picture of hubby and Bailey....going on down the trail, acting like it's the most normal and common thing ever to see a horse with a big weed whacker on it's back.......ha ha ha LOL!! I got a good chuckle out of that. Love the last pictures of you with the horses--you look happy and pretty and great! Thanks so much for your kind words about my photos and you think I should be a magazine phootgrapher...how do you know I AM NOT ONE? ha ha ha ha ha ha Just kidding........LOL! Anyway, that is an amazing compliment and it made my day for sure. I love to take pictures and I am just an amateur photographer. Glad you enjoy my local scenes, I sure do love to share them and I also love to see what all my other blogger friends share, I learn so much and see so many parts of the country I'd never see otherwise. Blogging is fun!