Sunday, September 29, 2019

September Days

Whew, what a month! It seems September was action packed for us.

Another camping trip happened after our 5 day venture camping with the horses. The husband was chopping at the bit to get his Minnie Winnie out on the road.

I was more than happy to oblige due to the fact I already had our camping spot waiting for us.

It just so happened a horse and cart trial was in the books, not for us but for our friends with the Friesian horses.

 Teresa was asked to be a judge leaving her husband Will needing a navigator for his cart.

So, not only did I oblige the husband in his desire to go camping but I volunteered him to be Wills Navigator.
As I see it, it was a win, win for all because my secret desire was to hang out with the Friesian's, Teresa got to judge, Will had a navigator and the husband was a happy camper.

Then came the birthdays. Our son Derek is first in the line up.
The husband and I drove over the other side of the mountains to see our boy and spend the day with him.  Selfishly, since my birthday follows Derek's by a day, my gift is seeing him.
He was born the day before mine making him an early birthday present.

Five days later was the husbands special day. His birthday always lands around our fair and we are fair people.
His mom gives us a season pass every year for our birthdays knowing we are hard core fair goers and by purchasing them early, she gets an amazing deal.

George and Megan came into town to help us celebrate our birthdays, so naturally we all went to the fair together.

It was good for me to meet our newest grand baby in the making. I gotta admit, March is going to be an exciting month!!

It's never to early to introduce ice-cream, but then again she hasn't been able to eat much lately. Perhaps it's a picky eater but at least it likes ice-cream.
I think baby in the womb is trying to keep up with his grandpa. Look closely, there's three cones in his hands.


Since the husbands birthday landed on a Monday he deemed the rest of the week to be his birthday week. With that in mind he was all about riding the horses by day and going to the fair by night.



He can't resist a little trail maintenance

With the fair being in town for 10 days and with our season passes our routine was eating food and seeing a different sight or exhibit each time.

When you have 10 days to get it all in you gotta pace yourself. 

This baby miniature horse was born just days before the fair started.
I made sure I was good and hungry before we went and made it a point to change up what I ate. With all the choices to choose from there was no need to repeat a meal. 
 This ice-cream dessert is called the Holstein special made up of chocolate and vanilla swirl topped with chocolate sauce and crumbled Oreo cookies in a waffle bowl.
On the last day of the fair we decided to eat our favorite meal. Mine was the Chicken Parmesan wrap and the Holstein special.

When Megan and George were in town, their little Banjo pup was eager to meet up with the neighbors dog Ellie. 
I couldn't help myself and had a photo shoot with them. Megan calls this picture, Beauty and the Banjo.  Those two had so much fun together.

September has truly been a wham, bam, slam of a month. We  got some camping in, rode our horses accumulating over 80 miles, saw family and successfully survived the fair.

The weather has changed, we are definitely into Fall with wind, rain and cooler temperatures leaving me no choice but to gear up for October.


I'm ready!

8 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Saimi~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...TO ALL!! What a crazy month you had! We also had the fair in our little neck of the woods, so off we went as well...what can I say...fair food, and yours looks delicious! Your photos were all so nice, and I especially loved, Beauty and the Banjo, so adorable! I hope you have a wonderful October, and best of luck for the sweet little one in March!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Julia said...

You sure know how to pass the time with fun activities It's a life well lived.
September went so very fast. I can't believe October starts tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to all of you. The food looks yummy, especially that Holstein special.

Yay, another grand baby in March. I wish them a safe and happy pregnancy.
The tow passengers in the little wagon are adorable.
Enjoy October.
Hugs, Julia

Julia said...

Oops, I mean the two passenger in the wagon. lol
Julia

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the Friesian horse and cart is breathtaking to me. they are such beautiful horses. I first saw one in the movie Lady and the Hawk. what a wonderful birthday week, something for all of you and I can't think of a better way to celebrate.... tomorrow is my hubbies birthday, Big boys 1st gotcha day and also my sons wife's birthday, and wed is my brothers wife birthday. 3 birthdays and 1 gotcha day in 3 days...

Billie Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all!
Love seeing your happy smiles.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You have been busy. It seems like "retirement" is perfect for you. The horses are beautiful. I love watching them run.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The fresian horses are super special...what a great event for you!
Wow with all the September birthdays-yay virgos.
Congratulations on the new baby to be.

NanaDiana said...

I missed this post before. You are a busy girl but I know you like to be that way.
I have been looking at Minnie Winnie's, too. Do you love yours or would you get something else given the chance? xpo oDiana