Our oldest son Emerson called and asked what I thought about them coming over for Mother's Day. His plan was to travel on Wednesday and stay through Monday.
We haven't seen their family since early November and were super excited knowing they wanted to make the trip. To play with the boys and visit with our son and his wife, Yes by all means, come on over!
They arrived late Wednesday night so while the husband was helping him get his trailer set up in our driveway, the boys and I didn't waste a single minute of play. They had been sitting in the truck all day and although it was late, they were rearing to go.
We played, they bathed, then went to bed but come Thursday we were back at it.
Knowing Ellie shouldn't be out I quickly ran to retrieve her only to find out it wasn't Ellie after all, it was Banjo George and Megan's dog.
As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise." And indeed I was. It was Elsie's first road trip to Grandma's house.
She was welcomed by her new cousins
Oliver said as he was holding baby Elsie, 'This is the best day ever.'
As we sat in the driveway around Emerson's gas fire pit I was taking it all in, two of our sons were here with their families, what a lucky mama I was.
I felt so blessed and honored that they made the trip. Friday was more of the same, we just hung out, bounced between the farm and the house and enjoyed each others company.
I couldn't have asked for anything more but it kept getting better. Later in the afternoon, our son Derek arrived.
I was in disbelief. All three of our sons were home for Mother's Day and to top it off, they arranged to have a family photo taken.
They planned and plotted and made their mama one happy girl. Knowing we probably wouldn't be able to go on our family vacation in June, just having this short time together was more than I could have ever hoped for.










8 comments:
I love this!!!! I don't even know you, and it made me cry happy tears! Once one of my sons, who was in the Army at the time, surprised me by coming home on leave. My daughter dressed in her scrubs and went to work, but she was actually tricking me and going to the airport to pick him up! And once we rented a cabin in the Adirondacks (NY), and one of my boys insisted he couldn't come because of work, he lived in Washington state...well, he surprised me too. I was out on the dock, and the cabin door opened, and out he came, I jumped up and down shrieking with joy. I'm so happy for you that they did that, what fun, and what a blessing!
Della
Glad you all had a happy Mothers day but I hope you all stay well...Your visit seemed a bit risky? Although looking back at your past posts, you have been "out there" for awhile...
what a wonderful mothers day gift. you will always have the photos and the memories.. your family is beautiful.
Wow, what an amazing day you had! I can imagine your excitement as each child showed up!
Hi Saimi!
Wow, wow, wow! What a perfect week-end, and what a perfect way to spend Mother's Day! You have beautiful grand babies! Loved this post!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
That looks like you all had a delightful time.
R
Oh my heck!!! THEE BEST THING EVER!!!!
What sweet boys! And those grandchildren! So adorable.
I'm so happy for you.
you haven't posted in awhile......are y'all okay?? Please let us know ok, thanks. Love all the family pictures!!
Post a Comment