How is it even possible? Summer can't come to an end when it feels like it hasn't even started. It's such a crazy year with Covid shutting things down, selling a house and trying to move.
When our grandsons found out school was about to start, they broke down and cried, not that they were crying over school, but that they haven't had their summer vacation with us.
It's true, traditionally we have the boys for two weeks every summer but with trying to sell our house it's put a crimp in our plans. Knowing how sad they were, and I'm still not convinced it wasn't their parents who were the ones crying, I threw caution to the wind and said they should c0me for at least one week.
I can play for a week.
So they came and we played.
![]() |
We also had a fun visitor who throughly enjoyed the boys as much as I did.
Elsie and her parents came for a couple of days and boy did she have the twins wrapped around her finger.The boys loved spending time with the horses as well. We didn't ride every day but they were good helpers on the farm, I would even go as a far as deeming them horse whisperers.
It's truly going to be hard leaving our neighbors as they are like my extended grandkids. We've watched their family grow from one child to four.























5 comments:
Saimi, I am so glad you had the boys over. They all look happy and so do you. :) I want to come too, ride horses and swim and play with the baby. Hahaha. I have cried and prayed about my neighbor boy too. He went off to college last week. I yell please be safe. We get attached. I had four daughter and with all their friends , I have many children that feel like my own. Blessings to all of you in your new place. Stay safe, xoxo, Susie
Hello!
I am so happy you got to spend time with the little ones, as I know how much it means to all of you! And I agree about summer. And spring. This virus has everything mixed up. Best of luck with your move, and best wishes for a happy, healthy autumn.
cetainly looks like a week to remember, for the grandkids and for you and your hubby. i love the baby in sunglasses, made me laugh. she is a little movie star.. the twins are growing up fast.. happy to see you had your happy week
What blessing you are to your grandkids. Your place sure is loaded with fun things for kids to do. No wonder they were crying for a visit. Oh, that little Elsie is adorable.
As summer is coming to an end, I wish you a wonderful fall.
Hugs, Julia
Farms are the greatest place for kids..Wonderful memories..Bonding with animals..They learn so much..We have a similar situation in our family and gives back ten fold..SUmmer has been very long for me..Not a fan of the heat and it has been a hot one...Stay safe.
Post a Comment