Friday, December 25, 2020

Wrapping up December

Early in December the husband and I went to Kirkland to see our son Derek and meet his girlfriend. They've been together since July so this was huge to finally meet her. 

Typically the weather is rainy for this time of year but we totally scored on a beautiful 54 sunny degree day.

 Derek treated us to a boat ride around Lake Washington and I gotta say, I was in heaven.

It also gave me some one on one girl time and it may sound crazy but I already love her. 

We had a lovely time and I went home with a smile on my face and a full mama cup.

 The twins turned 8 in November which is a big number in our church. Should they choose, they are at the age to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to say the least, the boys were ready.

December 12th was the big day and with the Covid restrictions we were able to watch via Zoom. These are special moments that grandparents don't want to miss so truly it was the next best thing to being there.



Then we had some early Christmas cheer come our way when Elsie's parents brought her into town for a three day stay. 


I even had her help make rolls for an early Christmas dinner.



There was just something extra sweet in those rolls.

Other than that, we just played and played.





Even did a little dancing with Grandpa

Just before they were ready to head out of town, Elsie's Uncle Derek rolled in so naturally we had to get some family pictures.

It was nice to have the brothers together even if it was just for a little while.

My guys!
The husbands parents were also here and of course they too relished in spending time with Miss Elsie.
That little girl has everyone under her spell.

 It was a wonderful early Christmas, but there was still Christmas day ahead so the in laws came back and Derek was still home which made for a quiet quaint Christmas morning.

We had a big breakfast then exchanged gifts. Later in the afternoon Derek and I headed to the gym. The boy likes to work out and I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to exercise along with him. 

I'm telling ya the lad is as strong as an ox and if he had a hammer in his hand one would think he's Thor, you know the hammer-wielding god who is associated with lightning, thunder, storms, strength and the protector of mankind. 
Whew, is it possible? haha
What do you think?

Then something magical happened, just before Derek and I left for the gym it began to snow and continued to snow well into the evening. 
.
It's December 25 and we had our first real snowfall of the year giving us a white Christmas, the cherry on top of an already wonderful day.





3 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Your family, all of them and you are lovely... what a happy ending for this year that has been so much chaos for us.. plus snow. wow.

Julia said...

Merry Christmas. It looks like you were blessed with having family over for Christmas. We spent Christmas alone but I delivered gifts and saw some of my family but I wore a mask and only stayed a few minutes. You young man looks like quite the strong man. It's hard to believe that the twins are already 8 years old. Where has the time gone?

Take care, stay safe, and well.
Hugs, Julia

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Looks like such a beautiful day. I kinda wish that you would have posted a picture lifting weights. Seriously everyone needs to see your "guns".

Love how the horse posed for the photoshoot!