Crib's and baby gates, sounds like we have a toddler in the house. As long as Archie is around, I consider we do. We just recently purchased another gate and installed it in our laundry room door. The laundry room is where we have the kitty litter, you get where I'm going with this. Archie loves to eat kitty poo. How do I know it's Archie you ask, the stinky breath, and the residue left on his mouth is a pretty good give away. Besides the baby gate, I also have something that I call his crib. The couch has become a place where I can put Archie, not really to keep him safe per say, but to keep the house safe and him out of trouble. Sometimes I just don't want to have to babysit him and always worry about where he is and what he is chewing on. Usually, when he steals something he knows he shouldn't have, such as a shoe, slipper, boot or whatever it may be, he'll take his loot and book downstairs to indulge in his treasure. I try to puppy prof the house but he can open cupboard doors with his curious Beagle nose, and I don't know how he does it, but he can always find something that he shouldn't have. It is a bit of a problem, luckily since I've discovered that the young pup hasn't figured out that he, technically, is capable of getting off the couch, I can put him up there and know that the house is safe for awhile. Oh, he'll teeter on the edge, but the baby in him won't be brave enough to try to get down, so he'll give up and go to sleep. A great crib indeed. I'm sure the day will come and he'll figure out that he can jump down, but for now....It's nothing but couch!
1 comment:
Saimi that is so funny! It sounds just like Brady! He is always getting into things he shouldn't, and I always wonder where he is and what he's chewing on. He loves to chew on shoes and slippers too! But if I put him on the couch, he would probably fall off. Baby proofing is a constant chore.
PS. I love the Sweaters, they sure are ugly! and I love ugly sweater parties!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment