Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sisters in Zion


I received this cute little ditty in my email and thought I'd share with all my sisters.

Glancing through the hymnal I noted that as sisters in Zion, we who are called to serve are all enlisted to go marching, marching forward because the world has need of willing men to all press on scattering sunshine. We wonder if we have done any good in the world today because we have been given much and want to do what is right, keep the commandments, press forward with the Saints, choose the right, and put our shoulders to the wheel going where He wants us to go. However, as the morning breaks high on the mountain top, truth reflects upon our senses, and while we still believe that sweet is the work, we also realize that we have work enough to do ere the sun goes down. And thus we ask Thee ere we part, where can we turn for peace?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture!!!! Heavenly Father new what he was doing when he made us Women. I am so grateful he is here to continue to direct us.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I thought this was awesome, and so very true! Sometimes it does feel a bit overwhelming but as Nephi says, the Lord prepares a way!

Even the picture... though I'm completely incapable of nursing while doing anything else. It requires two hands and a whole lot of pillows.

the fowlers said...

i'm so glad you stopped by the blog! i just read your post about enough never being enough for a beagle. it's 100% true! judge has definitely eaten everything he shouldn't (including a soda can!) and nothing i do can stop him.

can't wait to read more about your little troublemaker.

the fowlers said...

p.s. - serene, i am nursing while typing this.

Spencer Daw said...

That picture gave me a pretty good chuckle.