Wednesday, July 21, 2010
The Husband
The husband came home from work Saturday afternoon and plopped himself down on the floor. In less than a minute he was out like a light. This is not an uncommon occurrence, when the husbands work gets crazy so does his sleep cycle. His sleep pattern is a few hours at night and anytime he sits. Other than that, he's on the go.
Sometimes in the evening he'll want to watch a movie to unwind and relax. I'll pop one in the DVD player, we'll sit down, he falls asleep, I pause it, we'll try again the next night. It usually takes us three nights to finish a movie.
Saturday he actually came home in the afternoon and called it a day. Imagine my surprise. When I see him in the middle of the day, I usually ask him, "Are you home, home or are you going back?" Most always, he goes back, except this particular afternoon.
So he's lying on the floor and and the minute he starts to snore, he wakes up and our conversation goes like this:
Husband: You know this is the first afternoon I've had off in a long time.
Me: I know look how tired you are, you're working too much.
Husband: It's not about how tired I am, I can sleep when I'm dead.
Me: Well, your gonna get there sooner than you think if you keep working like this.
Husband: No I won't, I have you to live for. Can't you get that through your thick skull.
Me laughing: Thick skull?
Husband as he gets up: It' must be thick to put up with me. Then leans over, gives me a kiss and heads off to the shower.
Ya know, he might be on to something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a stud. I think I like this guy and his thick skull.
Sounds like a great guy!
Your husband is a hottie!
Awww what a sweetie
awww, you have a keeper! sleep deprivation and all.
gotta love men and their compliments.
he is a keeper! i agree!
Awwweee...He definitely is a keeper! That was a super sweet story!!! Loved it!
Cute!!! I love it when husbands decide they can be sweet and sentimental!
Thanks for visiting my blog, your comment was super fun! (Yeah, me and my friends very often speak in English accents. Jokes are always so much more hilarious. Sometimes me and my husband will break into Scottish accents too, but not nearly as often.)
You have a new follower!
What a sweet husband!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Post a Comment