Once they figured out the master gardener was ready to rid the precious zucchini of their nastiness they went their separate ways. If they managed to survive the first round of spray, I would find them hooked up again. Not only were they breeding but on the underside of the leaves they were securing their posterity with little red clumps of eggs...By the hundreds.
It was more than I could stand. I went from organically spraying with dish soap and water (which killed the bugs but didn't seem to touch the eggs) to actual bug spray from the store. My poor plant was looking a little worn from the battle, OK a lot, but I was determined to win this war.
Every day I would check on the eggs and each time I would find them starting to hatch. I attacked again with the spray but knew I needed to change my tactics. It was time for the heavy artillery. Upping my strategy would be a bit over the top but desperate times call for desperate measures and I was desperate.
After all, sacrifice is part of war, right?
8 comments:
So I have no idea why this posted the way it did. Just goes to show, I really don't know what I'm doing. Is there a bloggers 101 course I could take?
Looks fine to me!
And those bugs are creeping me out.
Oh, that is so nasty. Too bad because that garden looks great.
The post looks fine.
Death to the vermin!!!
My husband waged a constant war against little buggies in our garden too. They were dis-gus-ting! But oh yes, your garden DOES look very pretty!
Those bugs are disgusting...imagine that, mating right there for the whole world to see! Cleansing by fire is a great idea, it kinda sounds biblical to me.
Thanks for your comments on my rant today. I agree, quality is better than quantity and you my friend are #1 quality in my book.
Love your beautiful garden (minus those disgusting bugs.
Ah.. your garden is beautiful.. nasty bugs!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to "meet" you.
Think I'll follow along.
I am so jealous. Our Pemberley garden is struggling a bit.
And I don't know what I'm doing either. If you find a Bloggers 101, sign me up!
Wow, sista, I am very impressed with your gardening skills! Very nice, it looks beautiful! I hope the bugs didn't do too much damage before you set their little egg laying selves to flame. That'll teach them not to mess with my sister! (They don't know who their dealing with! Ha!) Wish I was there to taste the fruits of your labors. :)
Post a Comment