I learned the importance of being a faithful follower and commenter. I mean, we can kid ourselves and say comments aren't important and we're writing for the sake of writing, but we know it's not true. Anybody that blogs publicly is posting for readers. Why else do we sacrifice our time?
We post instead of doing chores, we post when we're sick, we post when we have kids to tend, we check our blogs at work, we find someone to keep our blog active while we're away, with the handy dandy iphone we blog while patiently waiting at the doctors office or other places, we even blog when we should be sleeping. I'm sure there's more but you get the idea.
We like to keep our readers interested and we like feedback, it's what encourages us to continue posting.
Funny how that works.
I feel safe to say we want the quality of followers that respond. What's the fun if you have hundreds of followers and only a few comments, if any at all? I think blogging would become discouraging if nobody responded.
By sharing our lives with those that follow, we in turn, share theirs. We laugh, we cry, we show compassion and concern and by doing so, our followers become our friends.
Stay with me here.
I've also learned there are helpful guidelines to blogging, conferences, tips, awards, giveaways, Friday follow and perhaps even rules all designed to attract more followers and to become a better blogger.
As I reflect on the meaning of Christmas I can't help but think, isn't that what Christ wants from us? To be true followers. True in the sense that not only do we follow Christ, but we are faithful followers.
He spent his entire existence teaching, serving and performing miracles to gain followers. There's some
By following His commandments and staying faithful, He has promised us the sweet reward of eternal blessings. He knows each and everyone of us. He shares the same compassion and concern. He laughs and he cries with us.
I know He wants comments, He wants feedback, He wants us..... to pray. He did what He
He is our friend, brother and Savior.
All he asks in return is for us to follow Him.....Faithfully.
Merry Christmas my friends and may the Spirit of Christ be in your hearts and home this season and always!
comments off

2 comments:
I totally agree with your post about bloggers. When I first started blogging, I didn't even know that I was supposed to follow and read other blogs. Now I'm addicted. Now I feel a surge of love for some of my fellow bloggers when I see their names appear in my comments.
Oh, and congrats on the above post about receiving your phone call to be a missionary momma!
What a wonderful perspective and analogy, Saimi! I loved and appreciated it. :)
Post a Comment