Friday, September 7, 2012

This little piggy went to the market....

Little Pig, little pig let me come in......Not by the hair of my chinny, chin chin. Poor little pig didn't stand a chance against the big bad wolf  er...Archie.

There's not a stuffed toy in the world that's tough enough to withstand the jaws of our Beagle Archie. We've actually stopped giving him soft toys because they don't last. He literally can destuff a toy in minutes, especially if they happen to have a squeaker sewn in.

The husband and I were at Costco when he spotted a new Mighty dog toy. One that will make you rethink durability.

The husband couldn't resist. I mean look what they have advertising the toy. A Rottweiler. Who do they think they're fooling anyway? Tough dog for a tough toy, yeah right. Let me show you what a Beagle can do. Now keep in mind this is a blind Beagle.
Archie investigating Mr. Pig. His plan of attack, locate the squeaker.
Still searching
Found it!
And the rest pig is history
Let's review durability shall we?
* Multiple rows of stitching -
* 2 layers of material
*Durable seams
* High durability and quality
It took Archie 8 minutes to locate the squeaker, 5 minutes to rip it out and another 10 to have the pig completely destuffed.

My recommendation, they should use a Beagle to test their toys before putting them on the market because this little piggy, wished he had stayed home.


18 comments:

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

It was a stuffed toy massacre! Oh the tragedy of it all!!!

Patricia said...

Awe, I was hoping it was going to be OK. Liberty would have liked it, but seeing the results after just a few minutes ... We have some Costco toys that are holding up so far. She has found one squeeker so far. She was doing her happy dance with that one.

Shelly said...

Hahaha!!! You should mail these pics to the manufacturer~

Amy said...

I agree, send it to the manufacturer!

Made for a great blog post at any rate! *giggle*

" Hit It......." said...

Funny. You need to send these pictures into the manufacturer. Show them how durable their product really is. Man, I would hate to see what Archie could do to a pair of your shoes!

the fowlers said...

hahahaha, beagles! of course! stuffed ones don't last long for us either. we have many, many "pelts" around our house.

does that have a money-back guarantee? ;)

Sherie Christensen said...

That is really funny. Archie has talent!

Andrea said...

Wooooow! That's impressive! (Archie, I mean. Not the toy.)

Anonymous said...

HI, Thanks for your visit and sweet compliments! This post made me LOL because our Golden does the same thing! I have yet to find a toy that he cannot take apart in 3 seconds! :)

Unknown said...

We can only give our lab Nylabones--everything else he destroys in seconds. Seriously, what kind of dogs do they get to test these "durable" toys?!

Steph said...

Hi Saimi, there were 30 views on my "Survivor" post but you were the only one to comment. So guess what, you are the chosen one! If you want to share a story with me in regards to your SIL or your 2 friends... let me know. I'd be happy to make you a "survivor" pendant (sorry, chain not included) to gift to your friend. Just email me if you are interested. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
Regards,
Steph
www.pendantsbysteph.blogspot.com
stephanie.c.quach@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I agree with one of the other comments that htye need new dogs to test out the toys! You should write the company and send pictures :)

tammy said...

Ha ha! My MIL's poodle was the same way. Dogs are so funny. My 4 lb Maltese carries around a stuffed animal that is almost as big as he is.

Unknown said...

Following back from Dawn's Disaster :) Thanks for visiting!


Check out my Mommy blog at:
www.dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com
Visit anytime!
{All follows are returned}

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laser Tysons Corner VA said...

Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

Julia said...

Obviously they need to go back to the drawing board with their indestructible dog toys. I guess they haven't met Archie. He could possibly have a testing job with that company. lol...

JB

Jenny Lynn said...

WOW...was there a money back grantee? most likely not!