It doesn't matter that the kids are old enough to walk to their friends house by themselves, she won't let them go alone. She also feels compelled to accompany them around the block when they want to go for a stroll.
It's not that she minds them growing up, she just doesn't like them leaving her sight. She's always been protective and I don't think it's going to change, even in her advanced age.

Heck, she ditched us for the neighbors years ago because their kids were younger than ours. She must have known they needed her more. But...
It's the new baby.
Although she's a natural caretaker, I'm sure she's wondering
if she has the energy to start over again.
I'm sure she'll be fine, it's just a baby after all.
I don't know, can't say for sure but perhaps the real reason the neighbors
brought home a new puppy is they're afraid she'll ditch them for another family with younger kids.
With a new pup around, Missy might realize
the quiet empty nest is the life for her
after all.
You know what they say, 'What goes around, comes around'.
![]() |
| The other neighbor. |
the quiet empty nest is the life for her
after all.
You know what they say, 'What goes around, comes around'.



4 comments:
Awww, she is so pretty. I'll bet she will be a great teacher and example for the little one. Was she yours originally?
She was ours - we took her in when she was homeless and with a litter of puppies but over time she decided to adopt the neighbors and live with them- she loves kids it was a perfect home for her
What a good dog!My husband is totally a dog person and I am not, but I would agree to getting a dog if it were as sweet as yours! Merry Christmas!
I hope you-all had a very Merry Christmas and will have a very happy, happy, happy New Year!
Post a Comment