Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Leftovers

What to do, what to do. Clearing the table after a meal and wondering if the leftovers are worth saving or are they not is always the question.

 If theres a lot of something, it gets put in a container and saved but sometimes I contemplate, do I really want to put this little bit in a small container and hope it won't get lost in the refrigerator?

Of course I do because I rarely throw anything away until it becomes a science experiment. In some cases even the container isn't worth saving.

Leftovers are a funny thing, which brings me to share our monthly date night with our neighbors.

 Four years ago we began our dinner dates by adventure dining at the different restaurants in our town.
 
The first two years were alphabetical where we took turns choosing a place to eat based on the alphabet. 

The third year we dined around the world in 12 months drawing from a small takeout box which had the names of countries written on pieces of paper. If Greece was picked, we found a restaurant which served Greek food. We continued this until we covered the globe.

The fourth year we chose to eat in specific places also drawn from the same takeout box. If a 'warehouse' was picked, we would find a restaurant in a warehouse or if we picked 'on a cobblestone street', or a movie theater, or hotel, on a golf course we would eat in those places.

Some restaurants were repeats from the previous years but it was still fun being creative with where we were going to go.

This year we are eating leftovers. It could get interesting finding the places we haven't dined at - short of fast food. We started a list, which again will be written down on strips of paper and placed in the little blue box.

We won't know where we will be going until a paper is drawn. Just like the leftovers in the refrigerator, it could be a scary thing or it could be a good thing but without a doubt, it will be a fun thing.


4 comments:

a writing place said...

What a fun group, you must have!!!

Gentle hugs,
Tessa

Billie Jo said...

This is genius!!!
I love it, my friend. : )

Gayle said...

Oh my goodness - what a great idea! I can imagine that you have had some really fun experiences with this - and maybe some scary food choices too! LOL Good luck during the year of 'leftovers'. (smile)

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I'm in love with this idea. So creative and fun.

Thanks for stopping in at my place earlier. You're always welcome.