Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Raspberry hound

I picked my first batch of
this seasons Raspberries.
Even though the bushes are loaded  and
soon more picking will be needed,
it just didn't feel the same
without Archie.
Although blind, he always recruited
 himself to be my helper.
Except, his portion never made
it into the bowl.
There will be more to freeze this year
But I miss my Raspberry picking
hound dog.



2 comments:

a writing place said...

Ohhh, so sorry for the loss of your dear pet.

I'm new here, so I don't know how long, he has been gone. But it was probably since last raspberry season.

Gentle hugs,
Tessa

Gayle said...

Wow - I didn't realize that dogs would eat raspberries like that - sounds like Archie had a quirky little personality! Your growing season is further along than ours - DD#2 has some bushes but they're not even close to being ripe yet. However, she has strawberries coming out her ears! Mmmmm......