Saturday, March 18, 2017

A lodge, friends, snow and quilts

Ah, the annual quilt retreat came around quickly and truthfully speaking the sooner the better. 

I'm not looking to get away from life, home or the husband but on the other hand, I aways look forward to spending four days nestled in the back country with 17 other ladies sewing until our hearts content and laughing til our sides hurt.

The path from our rooms to the lodge

Heading down to the lodge

Taking a scenic walk

There was so much snow this year


I've been hanging with these amazing quilters for years and they continue to inspire me with their talent, creativity and knowledge of the craft. 


She paper pieced each block

There were so many quilts to show and tell but it would take a much longer blog post to highlight them all. Here's what I worked on:
I needed to finish this UFO. The only
thing done was the apples - now I need to
do the appliqué and it will be ready for the fall.
I made two of these for my grandsons
they'll be ready to snuggle after the boarders are
added and backed with something soft.
I used the 'Jelly roll race' method to make this
top. It took me 2 1/2 hours
This lil' baby came in a kit that has been hanging around
for a couple of years. I finally got er' done
Retreat came and went but as aways, left me excited for next year. 

6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness!
This looks so fun!
I am the least talented person in this area, but perhaps I could join and be in charge of refreshments?! : )
So happy you enjoyed it.

Julia said...

Hi Saimi, what fun to get away with like minded friends to stitch away and laugh in a cabin... You have been a real busy quilter. I love, love that apples and pumpkin applique. I hope that you'll show the finished product.

We still have lots of snow here too but the temperatures are warmer. Happy Spring on Monday.
Hugs,
Julia

Barb said...

What fun!! I have always wanted to quilt, but I'm just lazy I guess... :0) I'm so glad you had a good time, looks like a great bunch of friends!

Your quilts are so beautiful - great job!! Thanks for sharing your talents, you inspire me!

Hugs,
Barb

menopausal mama said...

What a beautiful, magical place, and those quilts are lovely!!!

Susie said...

Saimi, Oh my goodness...what talented ladies . I love all the beautiful designs and colors. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

This N That said...

I was wondering where all the snow went this year...Those are some beautiful quilts..Lot's of work went in to those..Have a good weekend