This last weekend was going to be the perfect time. After the fair was over and all our
He pulls the camper with the cat, I take the dog and trailer the horses.
We left later than we wanted on Thursday but stayed hopeful of riding under the full moon.
The husband had a few items of business to take care of on his way out of town so I continued on with the horses.
When I got to the campsite it was dark, as the moon was still in the early stages of rising.
The husband caught up to me and helped me unload the horses and tuck them into their stalls, then I proceeded to help him get the camp trailer situated.
After finding what we thought would be a good location we began the process of leveling the trailer.
What a process it was. We had a heck of a time trying to get it on the leveling blocks. It was like one step forward, two steps back but after an incredible amount of time we finally got it right and the trailer was level.
I went into the trailer to check on the cat, whom we leave in the bedroom for traveling. It's cozier and makes her feel safe but with all the fiddling around with the husbands business, horses and finally the trailer, our poor cat peed on the bed.
She had never done anything like that before but was confined far too long and well, had to go to the bathroom.
I was mortified and was ready to pack it in but when I took off the comforter I noticed it didn't soak through. The sheets were fine as was the mattress.
With an extra blanket and a couple of little sleeping bags I keep in the trailer for the boys, I was able to make the bed cozy again.
By this time the moon was high in the sky making it a perfect night to go riding but the night was getting away from us.
Then we noticed our dog, who takes to camping just fine was unsettled. He wouldn't even go up the steps into the trailer and insisted on being assisted.
Once in the trailer, he was very clingy and wouldn't settle into his bed. We finally gave up hope of taking the horses out for a ride under the moon lit sky and stayed in trying to make sense of our day.
The next morning we were visited by the gal who runs the camp grounds. She mentioned we were in a reserved spot and asked if we could move our trailer over a space or two.
If she only knew what we went through the night before.
We of course agreed and moved our trailer.
Funny how things work out. After we moved the trailer our dog didn't have a problem with the steps and with a complete change of attitude, he was back to being a happy camper.
The people who we moved for ended up setting up camp in a different spot but came by to apologize and invited us to hang out with them later that night.
After all the craziness we had a great time riding our horses
and of course, relaxing




5 comments:
That sounds so wonderful and a great time - but so much work. You must love it. Hope you have a GREAT time!
Off to a bit of a rough start but sounds/looks delightful in the end.
Sure sounds like a lot of trouble but "all's well that ends well"..Glad it worked out..My husband and I would have been screaming at each other by that time...
All is well that ends well. It sounds very romantic to ride the horses under a full moon.
Hugs, Julia
Hi Saimi!
What a fun adventure!! I love camping in the fall. We had a camping trip planned for this week-end, but have changed out plans because of weather - I don't like camping in the snow... ;0)
I have never been riding under a full moon, the most riding I've ever done at night, was to follow my husband with the car while he was training a horse, because it got dark on him. Not romantic.
Isn't it funny how animals just know when things are not right?! You never know, there may have been a bear or something out there, lurking in the darkness. Love to see those feet with slippers on! Don't you just love your trailer!!??
Fun post!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
Post a Comment