Saturday, October 21, 2017

If Peter Piper picked a peck of...........

That looks like a jalapeño to me sweetie.

Continuing my slicing, no honey is a bell pepper.

We don't eat in often but this particular night I didn't feel like going out. Maybe its the change in the weather that made me want to hunker down and stay home.

It's getting dark earlier and with the nights being chiller I just felt like dinner and Survivor would be a perfect way to spend a fall evening.

Using the last of our vegetables given to us by some friends, I thought stir frying them along with some chicken would be a good start to dinner.

'I'm pretty sure thats a jalapeño.

No honey they came from Cheryl's garden and you know how peppers can grow odd shaped. Not all bell peppers are perfectly uniform.

Trust me, its a green bell pepper I told him.

I know jalapeño and that looks like a jalapeño. Not that I mind because you know how I like jalapeño's.

Well I guess there's only one way to find out, I snorted.

Taking a small slice of the pepper, I popped it in my mouth. 

Instantly the burning sensation told my lips and tongue the husband was right and that little bite of jalapeño landed on the floor.

He started laughing and said, did you just spit that out?

I can't believe you let me taste it, especially if you knew it was a jalapeño.

He continued laughing, well you were so bent on proving me wrong.

He couldn't be more right. Instead of listening and agreeing with him, my stubborn nature kicked in and a valuable lesson was learned that night.

Jalapeno's are long in shape with a thinner wall compared to a Bell pepper which is rounder and thicker.












5 comments:

Julia said...

That is so funny. I grow both of them and they are different.... hahaha.
At least you're a good sport about it.
Thanks for sharing this good laugh with us.
Hugs, Julia

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OUCH!!! I'm surprised your fingers weren't burning you. Well, I guess you learned your lesson....or not.

But how was dinner???

Billie Jo said...

Yikes!!!!
But I do love bell peppers!!!

Barb said...

Hi Saimi~

Oops! How was that stir fry?!

One time in the grocery store the clerk argued with me about a Jalapeno and a green pepper! It was a jalapeno, and she insisted it was a green pepper! Have you ever been a clerk at, Broulims?! Just checking!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

This N That said...

So glad I don't like peppers..I wouldn't have tasted either one ;) Have a good week..