I'm pretty sure if there is a heaven just for girls, this would be it. Where else can a group of woman sew all day and night, have your meals prepared and cooked for you and laugh until your stomach hurts, not to mention if you needed cellular service, you had to drive 6 miles down the road to be connected to the world.
To say the least cellular service was last thing I needed, after all we had a well stocked snack table.
The only thing my phone came in handy for was to take pictures. My motto is, if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen.
And those four wonderful days, definitely happened.
We took some time out from sewing for a little show and tell.
The fun thing about our show and tell was we were given a piece of challenge fabric ahead of time, then everyone contributes a piece of fabric which hopefully coordinates with the one we were given then we each made a quilt to share at the retreat.
It's amazing to see the different quilts made with the same fabric.
These women I quilt with are so talented.
This is my challenge quilt. Just simple petals.
This is my challenge quilt. Just simple petals.
I volunteered to to pick the challenge fabric for next year.
The fabric I chose is on the left and everyone else contributed the ones on the right.
Those are my colors, bright and happy. I can't wait
to see the quilts the girls come up with.
We also exchanged gifts.
At our last retreat a year ago we drew names, then made and brought the hand made gift to our person.
This cute dog quilt was given to me.
It's clear she knows me all to well.
We had plenty of smiles and even
This cute dog quilt was given to me.
It's clear she knows me all to well.
We had plenty of smiles and even
some tears of joy.
One of the quilt projects I brought to work on
was something I was asked to make for my daughter in laws sister.
Her grandmother has passed away and she wanted a quilt made out of her grandmothers polyester pants.
It was quite the challenge as I have never used Polyester material to quilt with. It's super stretchy and doesn't like to behave.
Although, I did find a pattern I thought would work with the colors I was given. The pants were black, pink, yellow, orange, forest green, and tan.
I also found some material in my stash that pretty much had all those same colors. I used my material to help blend the pant fabric.
I still need to add the boarders and have it quilted but this is how it turned out.
I call the quilt, "Grannies Pants."
We were a group of sewing machines who throughly enjoyed each others company as well as the beautiful surroundings.
I can't wait until we do it again.















5 comments:
all of the quilts are amazing, and so pretty. i can't even stitch one stitch, these are impressive to me and what fun to do it together. love your petals quilt.
That looks like so much fun. The quilts are incredible, not to mention the scenery outside. You did a great job with granny's pants....what a treasure. Hope you have a good week.
It looks like a fabulous time and I can imagine all the fun and laughter. The quilts all look so nice. I can see why you are looking forward to next year. A great get away from civilization for a little while. I sounds very therapeutic.
Thanks for sharing . Your leaf quilt is lovely and i love that doggie quilt too.
Hugs, Julia
What fun..Love the quilts..esp. the llama and the flower pots...Your leaf quilt is beautiful..Fun time..
Hi Saimi~
What a fun, and what a bunch of talented ladies!! The quilts were gorgeous and so creative. I loved your quilt, cute little petals, all colorful and bright...just like you! I can see why you are excited for next year, nothing like creative fun.
The grannies pants quilt was beautiful, and I'm sure that your daughter-in-laws sister will cherish it!
I agree with the picture thing, if there's a photo, there's proof!!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
Post a Comment