Being the placement I'm in one might suggest I could have middle child syndrome but as luck would have it, I don't need the label.
Actually, quite the contrary. I couldn't be more blessed to be in the center of four amazing siblings. We have always been close and very loving with each other.
Now grown and involved in our separate lives, we still stay
connected by texting when we need advise or just want to share something on a personal level. Someone will initiate the text by including all of us, then the feed will take off with each of our opinions or comments.
This morning was no different. One of my brothers started a text regarding our dad and his hearing loss. He was expressing his concern about how our father has a hard time having a conversation on the phone due to his poor hearing.
Hearing aids have been brought up a time or two with him but he has clearly made it known, he does not want to wear hearing aids.
Hey, we all make our own choices and apparently that's his. The man is 86 he can do what he wants but that doesn't stop us from discussing it amongst ourselves.
As we continued our group text with one another about how we can get our father to agree to wearing hearing aids, my youngest brother pipes in with a joke.
There's always a comedian in the family right?
Brother the jokester: 'So this son calls his dad and invites him to his supper concert. His dad replies, I'll take the soup LOL.
Me: What's a supper concert?
Jokester brother: I don't know.
ME: Haha! What, you tell a joke and don't get the punch line? Oh my goodness!
Jokester brother: OMG! The punch line was the response "soup" Re-read it.
Me: What's the supper part then? Or is it supposed to read super concert?
Jokester brother: Typo
Older brother joins in: This is getting funnier than the joke.
Me: Haha, and they call these smart phones.






8 comments:
I have WONDERFUL news for you and your family! My husband thru our ENT was made aware of a FREE CAPTION PHONE FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED. Your dad will be able to read what you guys say, with only a slight delay in text. The service is free thru the FCC and the folks are GREAT to get it all set up. Here is the link:
https://captioncall.com/about-captioncall/how-is-it-free/
2 girls with 3 brothers to defend them, you girls are lucky. I love the texting going on between you. So funny...
My daughters and I email each other like that and it can go on for a while.
Wishing you a blessed Easter.
Hugs, Julia
Saimi, Stop teasing your brother.LOL. I would do the same to mine. When I text on my phone sometimes the spell correct makes it seem that I am typing Klingon (garbly talking creatures from star trek) I hope your father changes his mind about the hearing aids...they come in such tiny versions now. Blessings to you and your siblings, xoxo, Susie
You girl are very blessed and to have parents willing to have five children!
ha ha on the supper souper. our devices change things, he can blame that. you are blessed to have these siblings. i have one brother which is almost like not having a sibling. rarely in touch. i do text with his wife daily. that silly bird on my post was driving us nuts all day but he moved 2 doors down. we can still hear him just not as loud
Funny!! My husband only wore his hearing aid to Church and to the movies..Neither place was hard to hear!! That kinda tells you what he was interested in hearing..Have a Happy Easter..
Hi Saimi!
You are so blessed to have siblings that you are close to! I too am a middle child...an older sis and brother, and a younger sis and brother. I'm only close to my younger sister, but really love my other siblings. I really think that siblings make the best friends...they know all of your secrets! You guys are a good looking bunch, and I can see where you got your good looks!
Happy Easter!!
Hugs and Love,
Barb
HAHAHAHA- Your family of 'jokesters' sound just like my family. It is so fun to be around the group. You have a beautiful family, Saimi!
I hope you have a blessed wonderful Easter. xo Diana
Post a Comment