We were both 23 when we got married and it wasn't long after our family was growing at a rapid pace. We had three boys in three and a half years.
Next thing we knew they were in school with activities coming out the ying yang. Then when they started graduating it was one, two, three and out the door they went.
It happened so fast it truly was like a whirl wind blew through the house and the next thing we knew we were empty nesters.
At first it was hard to wrap my head around the fact our home no longer had the noise, nor the music or the comings and goings of the boys, but once the husband and I settled in and embraced our empty nest, we felt quite liberated.
All the boys made great choices in their lives and are in a good place with the path they chose leaving the husband and I with nothing to worry about but what activity we are going to do next.
Which brings me to my anniversary present the husband gave me.
Yep, snowshoes!
We don't even have to go far, right around the corner from our house is the husbands playground for riding his Mt. bike but since it's completely covered in snow we've been hiking around in our snowshoes.
I'm on to him but it's really been fun, we even brought a lunch with us on one of the days kinda like a little picnic in the snow.
It's amazing how deep the snow really is. Without the snowshoes on you can sink down. People have been walking on the trails we've been tromping on and you can see their footprints deep in the snow.
We've hiked over 12 miles in the last three days. It's really a great workout but I'm not gonna lie, my calves have been complaining.
I'm just so grateful for this man of mine and can't imagine life without him.
So Cheers to the husband and our first 33 years!








7 comments:
What a great way to celebrate. Congratulations on your 33rd Anniversary. My husband and I just celebrated our 53rd Anniversary too.
My sister does snowshoeing too and she is older than me. We have mountains of snow here but too cold for me, This morning it's -19℃ and it feels like -31℃ or -2.2℉ feels like -23.9 . So it's very, very cold because of the wind.
Enjoy your new sport.
Hugs, Julia
Wishing you a VERY happy anniversary. What a great and fun "gift" even if it comes with a "hidden" agenda. lol Snow bike, huh? Enjoy your walks- I bet your calves ARE screaming in protest. Just think of all that muscle you are building. xo Diana
Happy Anniversary and I like that present a lot. what a great gift, and I don't mean the snow shoes, but the fact you both get out and use them together. doing things together is the best part of life.. if I hiked 12 miles I would be in hospital...
Happy Anniversary!!!!
You two are "Couple Goals" as my kids would say!
Beautiful life. Beautiful people. Beautiful photos.
Have a cozy day.
And, it is a whirlwind. Steve and I will celebrate 28 years this summer!
I have a friend who also had 3 kids in 3 years and she said when they were growing up life was absolutely crazy! But then boom, they were all gone. It took time to get used to.
Snowshoeing, what a great activity for you, close to home, time together, sounds perfect! I tried cross-country skiing for the first time this winter and I loved it! Can't wait to go again. Happy Anniversary!
Happiest anniversary! It looks like you are having a wonderful time enjoying this chapter of life.
Such a great gift and so much fun you can have together using those!!! I am so happy I found your blog! I am now following you - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain
Post a Comment