Born in the 60's made me a teenager of the 80's.
Oh the crazy eighties, big hair, spandex, leg warmers, high waisted jeans, side ponytails, cut-off sweatshirts and the music.
The Police, Cyndi Lauper, Van Halen, Iren Cara, Lionel Richie, Blondie, Olivia Newton John, Michael Jackson, Journey, Madonna and so much more.
For me Neil Diamond was my man and as an adult, well he still is but I have also trended towards listening to the 50's and 60's music as well.
The husband and I attended a musical called, 'Beautiful, The Carole King Musical.'
Oh my goodness it was the most incredible show. Although I'm familiar with Carole Kings music I had no idea the enormity of what her and her first husband Gerry Goffin accomplished in their 10 years of marriage.
They married when Carole was only 17 and their time together collaborating, writing and co-writing music soared. 118 pop hits made it to the Billboards Hot 100.
The musical was about her life. I wish I was able to take pictures of the show but since it was prohibited I took some off the internet.
These aren't the same actors but the scenes are the same. The acting/singing was phenomenal and the humor was spot on.
I learned so much about Carole that I never knew. All of the songs they sung I was familiar with because of the Sirius XM 50's and 60's station I listen to. I just had no idea the artists that sing those songs were written by Carole and her husband.
Maybe this isn't new news, but since I pretty much listened to Neil Diamond my whole life it new news to me and now that I know, it's gonna take my music listening experience up a few notches because I'll know what songs are hers when I'm singing along.
Mission accomplished Carole, You've got a Friend (in me) and you are Beautiful!






8 comments:
Hi Saimi~
Oh my goodness, what an adorable photo, you were a cutie! I was a teenager in the 70's...yes, I am an old hippie!!
I love Carole King, she was an amazing writer! One of my favorite singers is, James Taylor, who sang with Carole King a lot, love them both! What a fun play, I have seen a couple of reviews for it, I'm sure it was really fun!
I'll tell you how much of a 70's girl I was...my English term paper was on, The Beatles!! Now that should take you back a few years!!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Love and Peace,
Barb
I just popped out and searched for songs by Carole and do recognize a lot of them, I did not know the name until I read this. I know the songs but not the name. love the teen age you... my favorite music is the 50's.. since I was born in the 40's
Love your photo..What a cutie...Yes, Carole King is great..Neil Diamond has always been a favorite of mine as well..I have a bunch of his CD's that I sometimes play nonstop.Have a good week..Happy Feb!!
LOVE that photo of you!!! Just beautiful!!!
I was born at the very end of 1959 so we are from the same era. I also love Carole King's music. I would love to see that musical. I also love Neil Diamond. Great post. Brings back many musical memories. See you again soon!
I recently saw Carole doing an interview about her life and this broadway show about her life; she's had such an interesting life and she's GOT so much talent.
I love that picture of you; adorable!!
I'm old as dirt, so our teen fashions were fringe jackets,fringe purses, fringe belts, fringe vests, bell bottoms, mood rings, long straight as sticks hair, boots, halter tops, plaid,maxi dresses, mini dresses,platform shoes, fish net tights, floppy hippie hats, sideburns for the guys with striped pants. That Carole King musical looks great and yes, she sure did write alot of great songs, ones we've all sang and hummed along to all our lives. Cute picture of you!!!
As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh 19 kilos less than us.
(And realistically, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they are eating.)
P.S, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...
CLICK this link to see if this short test can help you release your true weight loss potential
Post a Comment