Alert, intelligent and fearless, yep you've heard this before and probably thinking, "Did Oskar have a revelation, has he figured out that he's a miniature schnauzer after all?"
No, not Oskar, but he does have a niece, a small feisty, energetic little dynamo named Sadie. Sadie came out of a litter sired by Oskar's brother. She belongs to our neighbor, who a few years ago was looking for a dog. When they saw Oskar, who happens to be a complete deception of his breed, they thought a Miniature Schnauzer was the way to go.
A nice mellow dog, laid back, take it easy sort of a guy, available at a moments notice to sit and stare while you pet and love him, yeah, "Let's get a schnauzer." I hooked them up with the breeder and it wasn't long before they had a cute black puppy of their own. Well Sadie grew into her genes and is everything Oskar isn't.
No, not Oskar, but he does have a niece, a small feisty, energetic little dynamo named Sadie. Sadie came out of a litter sired by Oskar's brother. She belongs to our neighbor, who a few years ago was looking for a dog. When they saw Oskar, who happens to be a complete deception of his breed, they thought a Miniature Schnauzer was the way to go.
A nice mellow dog, laid back, take it easy sort of a guy, available at a moments notice to sit and stare while you pet and love him, yeah, "Let's get a schnauzer." I hooked them up with the breeder and it wasn't long before they had a cute black puppy of their own. Well Sadie grew into her genes and is everything Oskar isn't.
As a matter of fact, we are babysitting Sadie this weekend and she has proven the schnauzer DNA is still alive and well in the family line. "Somebody is at the door, bark, bark" "Oh no, I'll be right back, the neighbor in the back yard is watering his plants, bark, bark." "Someone is coming down the stairs, bark, bark." "Wait the neighbor is outside again, bark, bark." "There's someone at the front gate, bark bark."
After an all day trip out of town, I got back home just in time to feed the crew. All the dogs were down stairs waiting. As soon as they saw me the barking frenzy started. Oskar didn't wait for me to greet them, he let me know right away he is starving, "Bark, bark, oh I have to eat now, bark, bark, hurry and feed me, bark." Archie joined in, Beagle's don't bark they bay, "Ba-rooo, ba-roo,
Ba-roo." Then Jimmy, our little terrier, was getting anxious and started snorting. The veterinarian calls it a backward sneeze. To me he sounds like he's hyperventilating or trying to inhale the earth's supply of air.
Anyway, the three of them were in such a state, barking, baying and snorting I started laughing. The louder they got, the harder I laughed. They sounded like a boarding kennel. "What are you laughing about, I'm starving. I need to eat NOW!!! bark bark." Ba-roo, ba-roo, snort, snort. "What part of now don't you understand, bark bark, I need to eat!"
I was pretty much in a state of laughing where I either needed to go to the bathroom or feed the lot of them because I was going to lose it if I stayed a minute longer.
With all this crazy barking, baying, snorting, and laughing, poor Sadie didn't know what to think, she just sat there looking at us probably wondering when her family is coming to rescue her from this insanity.
It was rather comical and the irony of it all is, the one who normally does all the barking was...speechless.
Anyway, the three of them were in such a state, barking, baying and snorting I started laughing. The louder they got, the harder I laughed. They sounded like a boarding kennel. "What are you laughing about, I'm starving. I need to eat NOW!!! bark bark." Ba-roo, ba-roo, snort, snort. "What part of now don't you understand, bark bark, I need to eat!"
I was pretty much in a state of laughing where I either needed to go to the bathroom or feed the lot of them because I was going to lose it if I stayed a minute longer.
With all this crazy barking, baying, snorting, and laughing, poor Sadie didn't know what to think, she just sat there looking at us probably wondering when her family is coming to rescue her from this insanity.
It was rather comical and the irony of it all is, the one who normally does all the barking was...speechless.
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like you had a house full! I'm adding mini schauzer to my list of dogs not to get.
(Although Oskar really is super sweet.)
For more information on "How to 'Oskar-ize' your dog" Read the blog from 24 March 2009
Post a Comment