Anybody that has seen "The Princess Bride" knows that it is the all time fun, adventurous and yes, romantic movie of all time. It is by far one of my favorites. In the opening scene, Westley is Buttercups farm boy. What ever she asks him to do, he replies, "As you wish." "Farm boy, fetch me this pail." "As you wish," Westley replies. "Farm boy, fetch me some water!" "As you wish," he answers tenderly.
By saying, as you wish, he's really implying that he loves her. It's also evident that Buttercup loves her farm boy as well. She gives her feelings away when she asks him to do even the simplest of chore by looking lovingly into his eyes and melting when he replies, "As you wish."
I can relate to Buttercup. Ever since we decided to be horse people, the husband has turned into quite the farm boy. He has made it part of his morning and evening routine to clean stalls and shovel manure twice a day. When the manure pile was getting rather large, he took his tractor and manure spreader and dispersed it into a larger pasture area. But the clincher has been this past week. The lady who owns the barn and pastures where we board our horses has been out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday. She leaves every year and as a favor to her, I would feed and care for her horses. It's what I love to do. Unfortunately this year I have been laid up and unable to do the annual feeding....Well, there's always the farm boy. The husband has not only cleaned and mucked stalls for our horses, but hers as well. He has taken the responsibility of feeding them twice a day, not just the ones by the barn but her other horses across the street. I am truly amazed and in awe that the husband has enjoyed becoming a farm boy...Not just any farm boy, but my farm boy. I can honestly say, by him sharing in my passion is the all time demonstration of, well how Westley bravely says it as he is close to dying is, True Love......
3 comments:
So sweet! I have a farm boy too. Don't you just love them! Hope you're feeling better! Miss you and Sophie says she misses you too.
Twue Love!! We love that movie at our house. Kennedy used to kiss her dolls and say "oh My Westley" I don't have a farm boy I have a handy man. Which is fine cause farms are stinky.
A man who helps with horses is a keeper!
I adore the Princess Bride! So much that I made up giveaways around the movie quotes, hee hee!
Stop it I mean it! Anybody want a peanut?
Post a Comment