Deep beneath the skin of my upper left thigh brews a creature. It just started to show its self last week. Much like a baby without any room left in the womb, a mother can feel it kicking and stretching and although it can be a bit painful, the mother rubs her belly and talks to her unborn child. As for the creature, before it started to surface, I too could feel it, burning my leg from the inside out, causing blisters to form and the slightest touch felt like sandpaper rubbing on my tender skin. Yes, the creature was growing. A black spot appeared, could it be it's head, a hand, maybe a foot? Truly, it's the unknown. Now that it's growing at a faster rate, I think it could be close to a very painful birth. The skin is starting to weep, leaking fluids and the black spot is getting larger. The doctors give it a 50/50 chance of either it reabsorbing into the body or a possible cesarean in which they will go in and cut it out...I'm hoping for the reabsorption. The pills I'm taking are not prenatal but antibiotics. I'm all about "Pro Life" but I turn my back on this one, it needs to go. Monday is my next visit with the orthopedic surgeon, I've seen him twice this week, he says it's still not time to cut into my leg and wants to wait for me to finish the antibiotic. In the meantime, I watch and wait to see what this thing, the creature, is going to do next.
1 comment:
Saimi, that does not look good. Are you ok? Do I need to come over and help?
Post a Comment