Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Shoe Hound

The husband is somewhat of a shoe connoisseur, he has this fetish of buying things in multiples and shoes happen to be on the list. It's understandable, I mean, one can't have enough shoes right?? He likes to rotate his work shoes, has plenty to choose from when he is dressed casual, not to mention the variety of dress shoes.

Then of course, he has his bike shoes. It's always good to have a few on hand.

His Beagle has the same attraction to shoes. That dog loves to wallow in shoes, mainly mine. I found him chewing on one of my clogs in the downstairs family room, I call his chew room. After I retrieved my shoe, I scolded him and told him he is not to chew on my shoes. He looked humbled and sulked away, so I gathered he got the point.

Isn't it nice of him to tear out the lining? Anyway, later on I noticed once again, he took not just one clog, but both of them. Huge mistake on my part. I should have put them away the first time, naturally I assumed the Beagle got my point about not chewing on my shoes, I guess I was wrong. So he takes two trips up and down the stairs to bring the pair into the chew room. Greedy little fella, but now I understand why,

He wasn't being greedy after all, he was sharing. Of course I reassured Oskar, I knew he had nothing to do with my missing shoes. But it was nice of Archie to share. I have to ask myself, why am I so lenient with this naughty Beagle? Then I see his sweet little face and answer, how can I be mad?









2 comments:

Mary said...

It's a good thing they're so cute.

Unknown said...

Those puppy dog eyes get you every time!