Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Here today, gone tomorrow.

  He came,
Home from his mission.
He ate
 Red Robin's famous burger and fries,
As well as indulging in some good ol home cooking.
He worked,
Helping his dad with some farming
He finished staining the never ending fence that I started and gave up on.
He sang,
"Somewhere over the Rainbow" with his Ukulele bringing tears to my eyes 
and a smile to his Great Granny's face, not to mention
awakening the piano which sat dormant while he was gone.
He went riding.
And showed my girl who was boss, especially after 
the stunt she pulled with the last person who tried to ride her.
Then.....He left
For college. It was the quickest two weeks of my life.
I sure am going to miss his emails, do you think I could get him
to write once a week? I mean, he can't just leave his ma hanging
after two years of weekly letters.

24 comments:

Emmy said...

Make him do mandatory weekly calls instead :). Congrats on him completing a successful mission

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Wow, that was fast- 2 weeks! He's ready to move on and upward even if your not. (I'll have to remember that) He looks great! Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. how wonderful! He is so handsome..Welcome Home! I hope he will keep in touch with his mom! ;D

Kristina P. said...

He's just making the most of his time isn't he!

Sydney said...

I am so sad I didn't get to see George when he got home! He looks more handsome and grown up than ever! I'm glad you enjoyed those two weeks with him!

Patricia said...

Looks like you had a very nice time. I'm sure you'll be looking forward to the next visit. Take care,

" Hit It......." said...

My step-son is in the Marines; the only way that we can get consistent conversations is by Facebook. For some reason; their age group loves it.

I am glad you had a wonderful two weeks. Congratulations on him serving a Mission. :)

Amy said...

He's a cutie! Wish he'd come to Arizona and sweep my sister off her feet. She needs to experience return missionaries. :)

Anonymous said...

Yea, I know how you feel. My son was home for only a week this summer because he did summer school at BYU. I had not seen him for 8 months. And before that he had just come home from his mission. I am texting him, and that is more than you can do on a mission.

CB said...

That is so very wonderful!! It is indescribable for a mom when they come home!!
Now you can just call him- text him even - Wa-Hoooooo!

P.S. He is a handsome guy - wishing I had a few more daughters!

Janiece said...

the best part is you can call anytime you want.
and facebook and emails ....
hang in there mom.

the fowlers said...

how great is he? i have to make a mental note to catch guys right after their missions when they are used to working hard all day and get them to help finish projects. ;)

you can call him whenever now! and text. so fun.

lesa said...

Is he close by? You know that I'm glad he played the piano for you! :)

Connie said...

Such a short time to catch up with him but at least you know you can call and talk to him anytime, not just Christmas and Mother's day.
Very handsome lad indeed. He won't last long, you will be planning a wedding in no time.

W.C.Camp said...

I am glad for you and sad for you at the same time. Mine left a couple of weeks ago too and never seems to get easier. Hang in there! W.C.C.

Tracey said...

I am so glad you had two great weeks to spend together. But, life beckons and it looks like he is off again. :) Enjoyed the pictures! What a beautiful family.
Thanks for your most encouraging words to me on my blog. People like you keep me motivated to finish the teenage parenting years strong. :)

tammy said...

That's it....not letting my boys grow up!

wendy said...

that all made me giggle....cause soooo reminded me of my son's after returning HOME??? from their mission. It is only like a pit stop for them eh.
I told one of my sons who was sooooo busy with his friends and scurrying here and there, that when he came home one night very late.. YOU ARE GROUNDED. (then we laughed)
they grow up too quickly and then are off to building their New lives.
it is hard on us moms.

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear him talk and play, you did a good job mom.
I do hear you have a S on your chest for super mom :)

I miss all the fun!!!

Sandra said...

Awwww...well, you got two years of weekly letters, that's gotta be some kind of record for a young man his age. He surely loves his mama...I'm still waiting for mine to return my calls when they're out and about.

Sher said...

That sounds like a whirlwind two weeks, full of good things. I have one of those neverending fences. My daughter is home from college for the weekend. Dan has told her already that he wished she didn't have to go back to college. Of course, if she were here long enough to tell him no over anything he might change his mind! Congrats on having a good son who served an honorable mission!

Hans and Chelsey said...

Good thing that you got to spend some time with him before he left for school. Did he end up driving down by himself? I remember you talking about taking him and then the flight was really expensive. Anyway, hang in there Saimi. If you want you can always borrow my little one. I am sure that she would love to play in the dirt again with the horses. : )

Rachel said...

I bet those were the best two weeks! Hoping he stays in touch often!

Nat said...

Glad you had such a wonderful two weeks with your son! Such lovely photos of the time :-) I'm sure he will always keep in touch...