Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Merrily down the stream?


Row, row, row, their boat,
Gently down the stream.
Hit a bump, broke and ore,
What does all this mean?


Paddle, paddle, paddle their boat,
The other broke as well.
Slammed some brush,
 Tipped their boat,
And now they’re in a swell.



Float, float, float their boat,
Swiftly down the stream.
Made it safely to the shore,
Their trip was not a dream.

 With new ores and another day of 
practice, race day was smooth sailing.
Besides canoeing they biked and ran.
'Team Swollness' which consisted of
my son and his friend, came in second.

15 comments:

Emmy said...

Love how you wrote this. Man's sounds like it was a very good thing they practiced :)

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Hmm.. that was one bumpy boat ride. Looks like things worked out in the end.

Shelly said...

What a ride! Loved your poem~

wendy said...

You should take up a career in musical lyrics. Might be millions in it for you. Darn, boat troubles, but good job on the coming in 2nd.

" Hit It......." said...

You are good. I can just picture their frustration (ha ha). Don't you love learning experiences?

Crystal Pistol said...

Nice poem. That looks like so much fun even though things were a bit bumpy. :)

Unknown said...

This is cute and funny! Love your blog and will keep checking in!

Sherie Christensen said...

Second doesn't sound like they did too bad. All that practice paid off.

Andrea said...

Haha, sounds very...merry. :D

Hans and Chelsey said...

Bad luck turned into 2nd place. Way to go!

Connie said...

Man that looks like fun...well, except for the little troubles along the way.

W.C.Camp said...

2nd place - Wow that is actually pretty good. I don't know how I do it but whenever I ride in a canoe I always find the submerged stick or rock shoal just below the waterline so I guess I could win FIRST PLACE in capsizing? W.C.C.

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

I love your poem. Feel free to link this up if you like:)

What I Did Today said...

Congrats to your son! Love your poem. I sang it to myself in my head. :D

JoAnna said...

those are much more approprite pictures of what to do with a canoe than the one i posted after christmas with the "snowmen" in it! found you at saturday laughs.