My DIL's sister put on quite the shower and invited all the ladies on their side. Let's just say, it's a lucky thing my son is introducing testosterone to that female dominate family with the expected twins. He's gonna need to keep the playing field even for his own survival.
My lovely DIL sitting pretty before the guest arrive. What does the tag say on the tall package? Here let's take a closer look shall we?
Kinda speaks for its self does it not?
Here is a cute idea her sister put together. Those babies in the jumper seats are an outfit stuffed with more baby clothes.
You're probably wondering what a guy is doing at an all girl baby shower. Well, the soon to be uncle came by with the intention of dropping off his 'girl' friend and hanging with his brother while us women did our thing. Little did he know, his brother was at work.Being the gentleman that he is, instead of bolting and leaving his girl with a bunch of women she didn't know, he stayed and partook.
We also had some tasty treats.
A couple of hours later, the shower ended and the birthday party started. The Birthday boy fired up the grill and cooked some exceptional burgers.
Then of course, there was cake and ice-cream.
Not to worry, we also treated him to a fiesta,....Mexican style.
Not on the same day of course.
That's my MIL between me and the birthday boy. She was quite the chauffeur and did all the driving.
The young lady on the left is my son's friend from college. My Aunt also came up for the weekend, she's on my right in the back.
12 comments:
You made me laugh about all the ladies. I bet your son felt like he was in the middle of a bunch of hens. Ha ha
The shower looks so fun. I loved the cupcakes. When are the babies due? I am so excited for you.
Cute! Looks like a fun time. Love the sombrero.
Well of course I LOVED the grandma tag! I will have to remember the cute stuffed baby clothing package. What a cleaver idea. Looks like everyone had a great time.
Great idea of dressing the stuffed animals. Boy you sure did have a fun weekend. Love the cupcakes. Your son is quite the sport. Happy Belated Birthday to him.
JB
It is getting very exciting! When are the babies due?
Sounds like a special weekend. Such handsome young men! I'd say you're blessed!
Holy guacamole, what a fun weekend! (Haha, get it? Guacamole? I kill myself.)
Sounds like a full weekend of celebrations! I love it (and Andrea's comment is cracking me up).
Is it really that close to the boys being born??? WOWZA! So exciting!
That must have been a really fun time for you. I have never been to a shower for twins....just thinking, man, you need TWO of everything. That sign on that one package really was very cute.
Now that was a great way to spend a day. Party Party Party!
That grandma tag is fabulous. I look forward to the day when I can spoil some cuties of my own. The cupcakes look yummy yummy and has me thinking we need to make some.
Looks like a great weekend! I love visiting family. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and commenting. I agree with what you said and wish blogging could be like that. I follow blogs that I am truly interested in. I wish people would just promote bloggers they enjoy (which is something I'm trying to start doing). However, one of the main reasons I blog is to share my faith and help others (like doing Ornaments for Adoption as I am currently). In order to do that, I want to try and get my name out there as much as I can. I still don't want to compromise on what I believe about blogging. Have a great day!
Saimi, thanks for commenting and the update on Emerson. . . It's been so long since I've heard from him! How exciting that he'll be having twins as well! Ours were born last week and it is so much fun. What a coincidence that you guys are just as lucky :) Tell him hello, and I wish the best for his family!
Rachel
Post a Comment