I'm not the best at coming up with ideas, I'm sort of a winger, take things as they come kinda of a girl. I also figured I had plenty of time, until the time came. I don't know, but it sure seemed like this month flew by.
The next thing I knew the 'get away' weekend was here and I hadn't a plan.
What to do, where to go??? Then the husband came through with a most excellent idea. He suggested we should go Skamaina Lodge.
I jumped for joy, Skamania Lodge! Man oh man, we took the boys there years ago on one of our spring vacations. It would be like visiting an old friend, one we haven't seen for a while. It is the keeper of some fantastic memories of mine and we needed to catch up.
The only thing standing in the way was a thing called......a reservation.
Being a winger and not leaving time for planning poses a problem. I called the morning of, only to find out they were booked, full, no room at the Inn so I resorted to plan B and left the task to the husband.
I don't know how he did it but the next thing I knew we were on our way. We even made it in time for the 7:30 dinner reservation for their seafood buffet, which he also booked.
I love that man.
After dinner we returned to our room, snuggled up to the fireplace and listened to the rain outside our window.
Saturday we spent shopping in Portland, enjoyed the sights and even took in a movie before returning to the lodge.
After a tasty sunday breakfast we packed up, but I had one last minute detail to take care of. You see my philosophy is, if theres not a picture, it didn't happen.
Not wanting this weekend to go undocumented and since I left the camera at home, the husband took a few photo's with his phone.
![]() |
| My hair misbehaves when it's wet outside. |



16 comments:
A mini-cation sounds wonderful. Glad it worked out for you all to stay there.
Fun! You guys are so cute.
whoa. the photo of that place on their website is beautiful! I dig your boots too!
Now that sounds like a super duper, top-notch minication! Trying not to be too jealous...
Every couple needs one of those every now and then. I'm so glad you got to go!
Yes October flew by. I think mini vacations are just the ticket. They are short and sweet, easier on the pocketbook and you can schedule more of them. I love having trips and destinations to look forward to.
So glad you could get away. I have never stayed at the Skamainia lodge. We stopped there one friday night after our son had a football game in White Salmon hoping to get a room to avoid the 2 1/2 hour drive home on a dark and rainy night. Unfortuately there were no rooms available, darn it. You have sparked my memory and I think a mini get away sounds like a grand idea.
That should be "unfortunately", sorry for the misspelling.
How fun! And look how cute you guys are. We always talk about a little get away, but it rarely happens. I guess that's part of being married to someone who has to travel for a living.
HOW WONDERFUL. Everyone could certainly use a mini-cation every now and then. I am so glad you got away on yours. hmmph on the wet head thing...you look great.
you look adorable. LOVE the boots.
Ah, vacations. So fun!! Glad you could get away. It sounds divine.
You do have a great guy there. I'm the planner in our marriage. My hubby is the improvise, we can stay anywhere kind of guy. After a few of those I took over the job! Looks like a fun place.
Wow, Siami, what a nice place for a mini-cation. You both look so relaxed and beautiful and I love those boots too. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure that you deserve this little impromptu in your life.
I'm not a planning person either except if I have to drive somewhere I've never been, I like to plan my route well in advance since I have no sense of direction.
JB
You guys are too cute.
It feels good to be spoiled from time to time. I love getting that attention too :)
Nice to be spoiled once in a while! I'm not a very good planning person either. One of the constant dissent in the house is "What do you want for dinner?" and everybody, including me says "I don't know" and then we're all stuck trying to think about what we will have for dinner. It is so annoying!
Post a Comment