I've been going from the gym in the mornings to the farm right afterwards to saddle up and take advantage of the beautiful weather.
I do have other things that need to get done but I know these days won't last long. If I give up a good riding day, I'll never get it back.
Once it's gone, it's gone.
I've been going by myself since my horse friends work but this last Saturday we got together and hauled our four legged beasts to the hills to spend the day riding.
We packed a picnic and took our time as the trail was a 10 miler with 5.1 of it switchbacking up a mountain then the other 5 miles descending down.
The horses were great, a bit hot since they all are starting to grow their winter coat but we weren't in any hurry and gave them lots of resting time.
The girls were so much fun, we talked and talked and talked all the way up and all the way down.
They both work in the school district from which I recently retired so it was great getting caught up on whats been happening.
Makes me glad I'm not involved anymore haha.
It wasn't that long I didn't want summer to end and now I feel the same about fall.
The season's seem to change so fast I don't want to miss a single day.
Found a bit of time to get some baking in though. What's fall without snickerdoodle, pumpkin spice chocolate chip and oatmeal cranberry cookies?
Gotta just say, pumpkin anything with chocolate is the bomb!







8 comments:
Gosh, I miss riding! I can ride western, but English was my thing. It sure looks like you girls had fun :) Those cookies look fantastic!
xo,
rue
Yes!
Fall days are fleeting, aren't they???
So happy to share your fall fun with you.
If only I could share some of those cookies!!!!
Have a couple for me, please? : )
you would love it here, you can ride about 360 days a year.. sounds like fun, even alone.
You live a very charmed life, now that you are retired. I only rode a horse once when I was a little girl with my uncle holding me on a bare back white horse. I was holding on by the mane. I was walking home coming from school and it had started to rain.
My other horse adventure was coming home with my older sister, we were chased into the wood to escape a black horse who was coming toward us in a threatening way. We got scared. He had escaped from his brutal owner.
I haven't had a cookie in ages. They sure look good.
Have a happy fall.
Hugs, Julia
That looks like a perfect day. So happy you were able to get out on the trail before it gets too cold.
Ya. The cookies. Always a good day.
What a beautiful post! Beautiful day, beautiful scenery, beautiful HORSES!, and beautiful ladies out enjoying a fun day together....loved reading all about it and your lovely weather.I've never been on a ride that long!!---way to go! I've only done a few short rides on vacations and the such back when I was young and healthy. Enjoy reading of your adventures.
Congrats on retirement!!! Fall is just the best! I think because we know winter is coming we just appreciate the nice days so much more.
My sister owned horses for more than 30 years and she would take me out riding, in the mountains, on the beach. There's nothing like it. Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment