With all this beautiful weather we've been having lately, I decided to take the dogs for a walk. That's an understatement. What really happened is, they took me. They were so excited they could hardly contain themselves. Oskar started in with playing tug of war with his leash, and Jimmy's leash, and Archie's leash, which makes it next to impossible to get out the door. Archie Arch, the baying Beagle begins to bay, "Baroo, baroo, we're going for a walk, baroo, baroo!" Oh the joy, here we go. Oskar and Jimmy are tugging, Missy is trotting along side, and then there's Archie, my visually impaired puppy, who is falling off the sidewalk and bumping into the curb. It doesn't help that the other dogs kept pulling and walking fast. I moved Archie to the inside of the sidewalk but then it was the brush he couldn't see as it was swiping him in the face. Don't feel sorry for him because he really is unaware of his blindness. He kept up with his buddies wagging his tail and barooing the whole way. Then we came across some children whose dog was running around loose. Oskar and Jimmy went bazerk straining even harder to show off their tough dog skills. Archie offered his support by growling, although he wasn't sure what he was growling at, he gave it his best to let them know he wasn't backing down. I managed to get the pack of bullies refocused so we could continue on, but I felt more like a circus master juggling dogs. To say the least, our nice leisurely walk in the sunshine turned out to be more of a brisk jog in tangled leashes.
3 comments:
Did I miss something? When did Archie go blind?
I bet it would have been amusing to see you and your "children" out for a stroll. It is beautiful weather I hope it stays.
Wait... Archie is blind??? Why is Archie blind? Poor doggy.
The weather has been glorious. I am thrilled!
Yes, one dog is much easier to walk!! :)
Post a Comment