The first born. Our 23 year old returned missionary is attending a church college a few states away from where we live. Key words here, returned missionary and church college, they go hand in hand when young men fresh off their missions become hot commodities for starry eyed, love sick girls.
The best advice the husband could give his young son as we dropped him off at school three years ago, was to go on at least 50 first dates before making any commitments, which involved being reeled in hook, line and sinker. The first born followed his fathers advice and managed to escape the fishing line. I don't know exactly how many first dates he ended up going on before he got caught, but this young lady is one fine fisherman.
He is ready to swim along side this new found love of his and although we haven't had the pleasure of meeting her just yet, that opportunity will come this summer when school is out, I already know I'm going to love her just as much. She makes my son very happy, she helps take the stress of school and work off his shoulders, brings joy and laughter into his life and adores him like no other. Now tell me, what mom could ask for more when it comes to her son's happiness? Well I'm here to tell you, there's more! She comes with a bonus package that I am just dying to meet. Just look at this little guy, he is a wannabe grandma's dream come true!
He has already marched his way into my heart and by the time I'm done with him he'll be begging to come back, it's a wannabe grandma's job you know. Yep, my wheels are already turning with fun filled summer activities to do. Oooooo, I can't wait!
6 comments:
Oh, congrats on his engagement! How exciting. She is adorable.
How exciting! He looks so happy! And the last picture is to die for! So dang cute!
So sweet, what a bonus. Two additions. Yes I love my two daughters-in-law, they make a mom happy for sure.
Are they officially engaged? That little boy is so cute I want to scoop him up ( I think I am a little boy crazed right now) I think I need a boy child :)
She will love you as much as you will love her, You will make a wonderful mother-in law and grandma.
Ya for summer!!!
Oh how cute is that!!!! Yea oh yea!!
Holy crap, I will fight you for that kid.
I had no idea the first born was on the cusp of so much excitement!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so very exciting!
Post a Comment